Anyone else have a special guest in their tent? (Companion Plants)

40 antworten · 526 aufrufe

Rasta_Free-Man

#22

It does, I bought a bunch of Apple Cider Vinegar and dish soap, and I tried it… only once though, since the smell made me want to :face_vomiting: I opted for using the Yellow Sticky Traps. They work wonders.

TIP: I ended up buying the Large pack of yellow sticky traps and then just cut them up into smaller sizes. It was way cheaper than buying the pack with small strips and the plastic holders (I have so many of those now).

Also, I was battling with a fungus gnat infestation for months.. they only went away after adding a bit of Hydr-ox to my water/nutrients. It is a formulae of Hydrogen peroxide. It killed the gnat larvae and the adult gnats that were in the soil after 2 feedings with it. My run off was full of the adults and the larvae (not moving like they normally do).
https://greenplanetnutrients.ca/product/greenplanet-nutrients-hydr-ox/

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#23

Im buying a few traps just in case! I hate those little bastards! As SOON as a beer gets opened, they know exactly where its at! So far we havent had any issues woth pests in out tent (knock on wood), but at least we now know how to handle them if we encounter that!

Antworten ↗
0987654321

#24

For immediate relief from fruit flies, take a small sandwich baggie, snip off one corner. Take a small glass or jelly jar and fit the bag over the top with the snipped corner in the bottom and the baggie opening over the top of the glass. Then pour in a tablespoon or so of beer.

The flies will go for the beer and with the corner being snipped so they can get to the beer (the hole should not be submerged in beer) they can get to the beer but not out again. Small hole.

Set it near where you are sitting like a citronella candle on the patio.

A rubber band can hold the baggie in place.

Works well, just dump out when done. A glass with the bottom covered in about a millimeter of beer works great.

Have fun.

Antworten ↗
0987654321

#27

You follow directions well! :joy:

As a warning, they will smell bad if left too long on a humid warm day.

Enjoy your beer :beer:

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#29

My Strawberry plants staring to fruit nicely




I also got some Blueberry plants

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#30

Man blue berries been hard for me to grow lol got 1 decent size bush and plant 2 more but didnt make it

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#31

I am planning on transplanting those 2 blueberry plants into larger containers. This is my first attempt, pretty excited even if we get 1 blueberry per plant :laughing:

Antworten ↗
Crackadoo

#32

I had trouble with blue berries for a while too, i found they like acidic soil similar to our other plants. Now the dogs are the biggest issue for me getting some berries lol

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#33

We have been so worried about raccoons, squirrels and birds getting out fruits. I am still figuring out a way to get the plants of the ground and well protected from animals.

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#34

Beautiful beautiful strawberries! We cannot wait for ours to be that big! Sadly soon we are gonna have to remove it from our tent due to spacing issues. Solid plants, man!

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#35

Chipmunks and rabbits get my berries and dang birds like to mess with the veggies

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#36

We have a dang strawberry already! This plant was a seed 3-4 months ago, and now we have a baby berry!

Antworten ↗
Graywave

#37

Im looking to repot my strawberry seedlings soon, what brand of soil did you use for yours?

Antworten ↗
Graywave

#39

Dang it, well I was looking for a less expensive alternative since Im trying to repot about 20 seedlings lol. I did want to see how they react to Ocean Forest but I wanted to give a gallon of soil each at least


Antworten ↗
0987654321

#41

Hey All
Starting my grow for 2023/24 and I have few companion plants.

Last year I had a pot of ginger root that sprouted but that was all that happened. Also it was my first year attempting to grow anything inside a tent inside my home in the Tucson region. I learned lots.

This year, I have a plan… so to speak.

No growing after the end of May; just too danged hot. Last year I lost plants to root rot, bud rod and just too much heat. So this year, the crop is growing in the winter, everything will be harvested before we hit 100 degrees outside.

So, on to my companion plants for this year:

One is a very determined Roma. A really good Roma, I may say, and when I saw this guy insisting on growing, I decided to make his day and now as you can see he is keeping the starts company. For the winter he will keep them company but come spring, he is all outdoors.


I also found some odd things in my pineapple… turns out they are seeds. I have carefully nuturtured them over a few months. Kept them in a glass air tight container on damp paper towels with light. This morning I transferred them to a bed of coco coir and soil. Fingers crossed.

I will keep you informed as we progress. But the MJ starts will go into pots this weekend and into the tents for their special time. Maybe these companions will have a good time too.

09

Antworten ↗

Antworten