Feminisierte Northern Light

21 antworten · 184 aufrufe

BluntForceTrauma420

#2

Imo I thing the plant looks fine. It may be a little leggy which is why you have it supported. As it grows the stem will get stronger. Leggy plants are typically due to lack of light intensity. You can fix it by turning up the light or lowering the light height closer to the plant. Most light manufacturers recommend 18-21 inches above the plant. The other thing you can do to strengthen the stem is to have a light breeze over the plant. Best is a indirect breeze of sorts. But the color of the plant doesn’t look bad at all.

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#3

First of all, thank you for your quick reply!

Yes, I supported the plant because it wasn’t growing straight up. I don’t think it’s because of the light, because the other two plants look much healthier.
The air circulation is active in the tent, but I hung it higher because I suspected windburn (but I don’t know what that looks like).

Antworten ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#4

I don’t see wind burn. I place my fans to blow over the top of the canopy not on it too. Sometimes you’ll have a plant that wants to be hammered by light while others prefer a lower DLI. The overall health of the plant looks fine though so I wouldn’t worry much. Just keep it supported for now and it will strengthen as it continues to grow.

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#5

Okay, I‘ll wait a few more days hoping that she’s still healthy. What do you think about the condensate that may dropped on the leafes or the fact that my first watering happened with a measuring cup?

What about the other two plants (see pics) - how long they’ll need to get into vegetative stage? For now I think Sunday/Monday will be the day, what’s your opinion?

Antworten ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#6

I’ve had that happen before, nothing to truly worry about. Some people say water on the leaves will cause burst as it acts as a magnifing surface and focuses the light onto a small spot. I’ve never seen that be the case. I used to just water with a hose from above the plant without issue. Plants in nature start the day with dew on the leaves and don’t get burnt. Also the sun often comes out after a rain storm and that doesn’t affect the leaves by burning. The sun is way stronger than our grow lights so if it doesn’t do it, I doubt our grow lights will. I have seen mineral build up do to hard water but even that was a non-issue.

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#7

Ok, thanks for your opinion. As already said, I’ll just wait and look how it’s going. What do you think when they’ll be ready for vegetative stage?

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#9

Thanks, this seems to be a good visual indicator. A last question:

  • What if plant 1 and 2 are ready for vegetative stage while plant 3 isn’t? Should I still increase the light intensity? How do you handle things like that?
Antworten ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#10

You definitely can increase the light if the majority of the tent is ready. It won’t really harm anything.

Antworten ↗
Crackadoo

#11

Another option you have is to place something under the pots of the larger plants bringing them closer to the light which increases the intensity they are getting without changing what the smaller ones receive.

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#13

A few days have passed, and even though I’m a beginner and this is my first grow, I recognize that something is probably not optimal - but what?! Plant 3 is probably my biggest concern.

I hope one of you can identify something from the pictures. One side view + one top view for each plant. Thank you in advance for your expertise (:

I am using the following numbering:

Picture 1: Hygrometer and Temperature

Picture 2-3: Plant 1

Picture 4-5: Plant 2

Picture 6-7: Plant 3

Antworten ↗
KilliczGe

#14

Maybe don’t water quite so much at first.
It looks like a bit too much water to me.

Just an idea :light_bulb:

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#16

Pot has 1L sizes and I wait 2-3days before I Water them depending on how dry the Soil is (I Check the First 3cm). I‘ve already ordered 3 11L pots. I‘m Not Site how much water I do give them, but honestly it‘s Not much

Antworten ↗
Demonrage75

#17

I agree with the people saying that it’s too much water. Your leaves and petiole are droopy and yellowing classic signs of too much water. Bigger pots would also help, I use 10-gallon fabric pots for each plant. The bigger the roots the bigger the fruits as the saying goes.

Antworten ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#18

When you water you want to give 5-10% of the pot size so a 10 gallon pot gets watered with 1 gallon of water at most.

Antworten ↗
Demonrage75

#19

That’s what I give about every other day. I’ll do that then wait a few hours and see if the bottom of my pot is wet. If it’s dry I give another 1/2-1 liter to water deeply. I do an organic style medium so I don’t really want any run-off.

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#20

So, for my 1L pot I should water them with 50-100ml, right? Another good thing to know, thanks for that.

Is it still possible to rescue them? My first thought was to change pot size to 11L and give them fresh soil with some nutrients added. What do you think about that?

Kind regards

Antworten ↗
Cha0z

#22

Thanks for your answers. I‘ll change the pot today together with the soil. Seedlings has been planted in BioBizz LightMix Soil, but I got AllMix now. Would it be a good idea to change the soil or should I stay with LightMix?

Antworten ↗

Antworten