First time indoor growing, in Flower mode

37 antworten · 335 aufrufe

Smokey101

#2

welcome to the community and happy to have ya with us. plants look healthy and beautiful so congrats on that. mind if ask what wattage light your using and what height you have as well as strain of plant that is in the pic? i ask because it does appear to have some decent spacing between flower nodes which could just be genetics or possibly not enough light or light may be a little higher and she wants the stronger intensity but very well could just be a sativa leaning plant. plants look great and just dont want ya losing out on possible higher yield/denser bud structure

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#3

The light is a MedicGro Fold 8, right now at the base of the plants, I get around 750-800 PPFD. The plants are Purple Punch and Silver Haze, both feminized. They get around 1.5 gallons of water each per week, watering every 2 days (I will be changing to an auto-watering system next time.) I also gave them a bit too much nutrient assist last week, which was 2-15-15 bloom booster from Farmer’s secret. Hence the burned tips. I’ll get in there and take some more pictures now.

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#4

shes looking pretty good and ya got a good light as well and ppfd is good too. so im leaning more to she is just a sativa leaning type and enjoyed stretching

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#5

At your best estimate, adding to the fact this is week 5 of flowering, what should I expect, and do the tendrils eventually disappear under the buds?

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#6

since in week 5 of flowering your basically towards the end and final weeks will involve the plant finishing ripening and rest of white pistil hairs turning color,trichomes maturing and final stage of bud density

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#7

Here we are at week 6. I added some cal/mag/iron to my watering last Wednesday. Some of the buds have firmed up, but the third and fourth pictures are still fairly young looking in their flowering. I’m not TOO concerned, but they definitely are likely to need more time to get frosty, unless I am just missing something…

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#8

nah your right with your assumption. one plant most likely will or could go a little longer than the other even if from the same batch of seeds and parents. think of seeds like children and that most times all Siblings with differ in ways whether it be taller,wider,frostier,or longer to mature. so you may be chopping one sooner than the other but they are def looking beautiful and really hoping its a nice smoke for ya

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#9

id say keep feeding a weekly does of calmag maybe 2 a week if needed for the next 2-3 weeks and i forget what bloom nutes your using (id. have to scroll back and look) but id say your about 2 feedings away from going water only for last week or so but thats just an assumption and few factors can alter that assumption like longer grow time so kinda just use it as a guideline and ask any questions ya got anytime if need be

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#10

I do have ONE future/historic issue, and that’s drying. I don’t want to buy an a/c unit for my smaller tent, but the lowest I’m able to get the temperature down to is 76 degrees. Tough to keep things cool in this area. Humidity is also an issue, it stays anywhere from 50-60% daily, moreso when these storms hit. Any thoughts?

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#11

dont stress it to much at all. ideal is like a 60/60 environment but i just finished drying in 80f and 68% rh and a circulating fan in the room and not 1 issue so you should be all good as long as airflow is good. most likely degrade some trichomes in the high heat but honestly we cant even notice it as home growers most times but the main thing will be good airflow and if able to space buds out so not all bunched up touching each other

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#12

I love talking to people smarter and more experienced than me. Thank you!

One of the girls has pistils that are mostly brown, with only a few stragglers and VERY frosty. She’s coming out today. If I’m too early, I still got 5 more LOL!

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#13

You should look at the trichomes on the flowers with a magnifying glass or a microscope before you harvest. For a Sativa high, it would be 10% amber, 10% clear, and the rest milky. From 20 - 30% amber, you’ll get an Indica high.

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#14

I have a hard time seeing even with my magnifier regarding how soon to harvest. I just can’t get a good look. I took pictures of what I perceive as closest to ready to least (of course they uploaded backwards except the first one…):

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#15

When I zoom in on the pictures a bit, they don’t look bad. I would say they still have another week. No amber is visible yet. On the sugar leaves, I still see clear trichomes; these usually turn brown first.

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#16

the closer ya get to plant maturity the harder it is to resist chopping early lol but ive done it many times myself with the thought still got 12 more to let mature so no wrong doing there really. but i will say that extra week given sometimes is needed and very noticeable at times but growing is all personal preference. some things are the foundation that we all have to follow but after that ya got freedom to grow it how ya please. and i agree with @herr_gruen i also zoom in and feel it could go a week longer but all in all your killing bud and i hope it smokes amazing

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#17

WELL!!! I’ve got progress notes LOL!

I took out one tree and dried it for 10 days: 77 degrees and 45-50% humidity. It’s in a jar right now and smells FABULOUS! I decided to do another one, pictures are up. However, the most awesome part is that the ones in the tent are freaking HEAVY! the limbs are leaning from the weight of the buds. They will be ready for drying in another week or MAYBE two themselves. This is SOOO fun!

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#18

The plants look great, I hope it tastes as good when smoked as it looks

Antworten ↗
Smokey101

#19

hell yeah and hopefully its a great smoke. that other one is chonky asf well done and normally its a good sign if they toppling from heavy colas and some cases could mean weak stem but in your case definitely heavy colas from the looks of it and loving the fact we can feel your excitement through your post. well done and continue crushing it

Antworten ↗
Soldiermedic143

#20

WELL THEN! I finished harvesting all the batch from above, it’s all in jars…and there are a LOT of jars LOL! Each one has a large boost integra pack at 62%, although I plan on turning it into infused oil (that’s how I take it in for my physical pain other issues. GO ARMY!). I had my wife try some (Since she’s the one that smokes most of it…) and even before curing, she said it’s my best batch so far (She apparently died 3 times), which is odd because this is only my 3rd attempt in 4 years LMAO!

Still…I am starting again, and adding some other equipment. I’m gonna try this auto-watering system, adding a CO2 reservoir, and only doing 4 plants this time…all of which germinated in 3 days! YAY!!! Here we go again!!! Red is Permanent Marker, White is Godfather OG. Same lights, getting 1042 PPFD at the floor of the tent. temp is between 80-84 degrees and about 40% humidity and a low breeze with my fans. Medium is pure compost with worms still working in it, along with mycorrhizae watered into the material. Let’s find out how this goes! Again, all critique and advice is welcome.

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#21

Glad to hear your grow was so good. Good luck with your current grow, I’m excited to see how it goes this time.

Antworten ↗

Antworten