Germinating in Vermiculite

2 antworten · 74 aufrufe

ShtickyNug

#1

Growlog link: [paste your link here]

Black Gorilla, fem (Crop King Seeds), indoor hydro, advanced nutrients Connoisseur series, Master Grower Recipe.

Today is day 1 of germination. No tap root yet.

I have never been able to put a germ’d seed into clay pebbles and have it survive, even with a 1 second splash of water every 5 minutes. I have always needed to plant it in soil for a week or so until the roots grow a few inches. That has enabled me to get the plants into a hydro setup EXCEPT the dirt clings to the roots and contributes to root rot.
I tried to transplant into perlite or vermiculite. They just won’t grow. I figured if I can’t get all of the perlite off the roots, it won’t harm the roots when put into the clay pebbles.

Am I missing something about perlite and germ’d seeds? Have any of you ever successfully grown a germ’d seed in perlite?

Antworten ↗
Yvngstonie

#2

You are skipper a huge step, your not giving the plant a space to begin building its roots. I would use rockwool. It is a soilless blanket hydroponic medium. That is what I would put the germinated seed into after germinating between damp paper towels. Then once she grows through seedling into the start of vegetation you would move her over to the clay pubblrs and put the pubbles around the rockwool and a little bit on it to hold it in place and give it support.
I just think your tryna rush into what you see with these big grows. It starts small and consistent. Give it 2 weeks, a month at most, and you’ll have that plant huge and more than ready to handle the clay pebbles.

Antworten ↗
ShtickyNug

#3

Thanks. Germinating in rockwool is easy.

Any advice on how to germinate in vermiculite, or perlite?

Antworten ↗

Antworten