So the GDP has been harvested and in the jars ready for my disposal. Dried I got 5+ oz. not including the small bottom growth I had snipped off earlier in its final stages which I would estimate at another half or so.
Best coloration of the whole plant:
I think the true acid test of a soil would be in ensuing grows to see if I can get a self-generating source of organic matter from within the soil using nothing but what nature normally provides outdoors. I’ve left the roots of the previous plants in and transplanted the seedlings after a top dress of kelp, alfalfa, neem and karanja. I thought I would need more worms in there but they were still at the top few inches, a little pissed at the dusting of dry amendments I gave them. They just writhe around until I spray them down then calmly burrow back in.
Chamomille is starting to bloom but no basil. I think the seeds were old at 2 years.
My Blueberry OG @week 2:
Got more basil going in here though. Should be interesting. Those little ceramic pots you see contain baby aloe vera, another plant that is useful for soil growers. Not only does it provide nutrients of its own, but the gel within the spears can be used to help guard against soil getting hydrophobic. Scrape off about a 1T into 1L, blend well and water. Works wonders for your skin too. Cheers.























































































