Interested!
Mushrooms?
57 antworten · 561 aufrufe
So, it looks pretty straightforward. I bought the all in one grow bag and the spore syringe and watched some videos. Is there anything special to key an eye on or do? Looks like you sterilize, inject, let sit for a couple weeks, I think kind of mix it up once it turns white, then the shrooms grow, you open up the bag to let air in, pick and wet the bag again for the second round?
I bought the all in one bag from Mushroom Supply and the spore syringe from Spore Vision but not familiar with either
Hello! Thank you for the call @Papakat420 , you were right, I love growing mushrooms. It is faster than cannabis, and the medicine they provide is amazing. It changes your life.
As @Joey9916 said, it is important to stay as clean as you can. You and the environment where the mushrooms are manipulated.
The procedure is as you say. “Keeping clean” means sterilizing your hands up to the elbow, wearing gloves, a mask and a cap. Sterilize the bag where you are going to inoculate and everything that you are going to use in the procedure. The syringe needle usually burns red. Another important thing to keep in mind is to disinfect the air, and keep the room closed, to prevent air circulation. If there are stoves, computers, routers, or any device that generates air movement in the room, they must be turned off. The key is to keep in mind that we are going to generate a medium conducive to the growth of fungi, so we do not want any spores to reach the substrate.
I just remembered you going to the convention last year and seen you talk about it here a couple times. ![]()
I’ll have to figure out that sterile room part. My house is pretty chaotic with 4 kids lol. I guess I can sterilize a bathroom and do it in there? That’s the only place I get peace and quiet in my house anyways ![]()
We have discussed this in the past and didnt seem like there was an issue so i think we are ok to talk about it and if im wrong i take full responsibility bud
And then I saw you put them in a food dehydrator for 24 hours at 165 F?
Thanks! I figure it was okay but don’t want to start any trouble since I use this app so much and would hate to be on the shit list lol
Lmao completely understand so no worries there bud
I’m glad to see there’s a lot of interest tho. My spores come tomorrow and still waiting for bag to be shipped so I’ll keep you guys updated and ask questions as I go. Super excited! Not a huge mushroom fan but every so often especially on my desert trips I love them lol
It may become legal here in MA if it passes voting this year and 5-10 cities have already deprioritized when found with it in possession so might be something i dabble in growing once a year
My cousin is super into them so I bought an ounce this past weekend and ate a stem and watched Willy wonka. Forgot how much fun it was when you don’t overdo it!
I fully agree. I was never to into them until recently and its more for resetting my mind than anything and like 1 or 2 times a year type deal and figured it doesnt hurt to learn something new to grow
That’s how I feel. I don’t really smoke much weed either but really enjoy the challenge so figured I’d try this too. Thankfully my wife doesn’t care to know what I’m growing and I’ve got plenty of space on our property to hide if needed ![]()
![]()
![]()
what she dont know wont hurt you lol
Any spore syringe suppliers you guys recommend? I found Spore Vision and bought one from them but it looks like there are a ton! Also, any recommendations on the all in one grow bags? I bought mushroom supply’s 5 lb bag but was also interested in the north spore grow bag. It’s my first test run so figured you guys would have some input
Also any input on best type to grow? I did the golden teacher ones cuz I read those are best for beginners but would love to hear other opinions
Yes GT will be fantastic for your firsr grow they are super prolific
For your first time maybe use one of the pre-made bags but if you like it move to oats or bird seed in quart jars its much much cheaper and easier then you add it to whatever you want or fruit it out of the jar but I always put mine in a tub. The 20 dollar boomer shroomer tub on Amazon is the absolute easiest way I have seen to grow them. I swear to you that they are so easy you don’t have to do anything but load it. I will tell you now do not mist and fan your tubs they will contam every single time just about unless you have them in a clean room. Like not a clean room but like a lab clean room.