Hi Magic,
Nice plant
looks great
Iâll refrain from a remote leaf diagnosis, knowing the Canna Gurus we have here ![]()
Iâm curious what they say about it, Iâll follow the thread
Happy Growing
20 antworten · 124 aufrufe
Hi Magic,
Nice plant
looks great
Iâll refrain from a remote leaf diagnosis, knowing the Canna Gurus we have here ![]()
Iâm curious what they say about it, Iâll follow the thread
Happy Growing
To me it looks like a mag deficiency but Iâm not the best at diagnosing.
Ok thanks, thatâs a start. ![]()
For me, itâs also Magnesium, the simulated sunlight can cause that, and a healthy dose of CalMag should help ![]()
Otherwise, youâre good with the All Mix
Okay, thanks.
Hopefully, itâs not a manganese deficiency. Otherwise, Iâll have to get a micronutrient set.
But thanks for your input already ![]()
Its looking like a magnesium deficiency starting to present, the cal-mag could help or if you want a straight magnesium grab some epsom salts.
Cal-mag is often high in nitrogen so be careful using it to correct problems during flowering. Thatâs not an issue for you now but something to be aware of
I am not experienced with All Mix substrates.
I would still recommend a micronutrient set so you can always react in time âjust in caseâ the All Mix runs out at the end.
Best regards
Ok Thx. I will keep an eye on the individual leaves.
I had Magnesium issues twice going into to flower both times it had white blotches on the leaves. I thought it was Powdery Mildew. The white blotches I tried to wipe off but they wouldnât come off. I went through ChatGPT and it said that it was a Magnesium issue and Cal/Mag took care of it. I was using my own soil mix 70% Sunshine Mix #4, plus other organic inputs. I think I got a bad batch of coco. Your deficiency looks like it has rust spots.
Because it looks like I had the right idea. I think Iâll add a little Cal/Mag with the next watering and it should be fixable.
Ok, thanks for now, Iâll keep you updated.
Magic ![]()
Monitor your new growth you should be able to get rid of it before you flip to flower even if you have to delay it for a few days.
Ok thx
Iâll add some Cal/Mag next time I water and hope that this was the problem. Letâs see, Iâll keep you posted. ![]()
So Iâd like to add just one little thing.
And first off, a big hello to everyone.
I also see a calcium-magnesium deficiency. The All Mix soil seems to be very rich in nutrients, which is easily visible from the deep green leaves.
Thatâs already getting into the territory of a bit too much nitrogen as well.
I think calcium, as well as magnesium, should be abundantly present in the soil.
If the climate is not optimalâtemperature, humidity, VPDâthis CalMag problem often occurs.
An non-optimal pH value, or overwatering, and also too much nitrogen can cause problems for the plant in absorbing calcium and magnesium in sufficient amounts. Even though there is enough available.
But at some point, even the best All Mix runs out of juice.
Then nitrogen would run out as well, though, and the plant would fade/yellow from the bottom up ???
Iâm keeping my fingers crossed that adding CalMag fixes everything.
Best regards from Pflanzenpaul
Hi ![]()
I also watered way too little in the beginning. Iâve only found the right rhythm with the correct amount of liters about 14 days ago. Thatâs why the plant probably had problems with nutrient uptake at the beginning as well. Iâll add 0.5ml Cal/Mag the next time I water.
But donât you think my leaves are still pretty green? Meaning still well nourished. So far, my soil is still unfertilized. If you agree, I would only start adding bloom fertilizer at the end of the 1st week.
What do you think?
Youâll see it right away when she isnât getting enough. She turns lighter and yellow from the bottom up, and then itâs time to feed.
You see, a deficiency isnât always because something is missing in the soil.
She needs water to take up what she needs from the soil ![]()
But if the roots are too wet for a long time, it can also show deficiencies.
Itâs always good to keep all factors in mind.
It takes time until you can see all of that.
Itâs going well so far though.
Thxâ![]()
And as you can see, I placed my fabric pot on a grate slightly higher than the saucer so that the excess water can drain directly and prevent root rot.
Starting tomorrow, Sun. 08/16, she is supposed to go into flower. Iâve been tucking the whole time. Youâre supposed to keep doing that at the beginning of bloom anyway. But at what point do I let the strains grow vertically?
And one more thing, shouldnât I actually base the dosage of my bloom fertilizer on the EC value and not on half of the manufacturerâs instructions? Right?
Hereâs one from another perspective. Where you can see how strongly she fights back against the net. ![]()
Actually still looks nicely green, or should I start adding bloom fertilizer as well?
This is Bio Bizz purely organic fertilizer.
EC doesnât matter here.
Just follow the chart.
And go by All Mix .
And here you can use the full amount.
Example; if you start with nutrients from flowering week 2, then you take the amounts for All Mix flowering week 2 and that increases as the flowering weeks progress.
Just as a reminder!
I have a well-pre-fertilized soil from the same manufacturer.
Just not the cannabis soil.
Instead, merely a normal plant soil.
There I give nutrients to the 2 autos 2 x a week. According to the All Mix chart, exactly the specified amount . But also all the products listed there.
The only thing is I lower the pH at the end and give pH 6.2/ 6.5/ 6.3.
And they are nice and green.
You can see them in âshow off your ladiesâ. Freshly snapped today .
With mineral fertilizer, you start with half according to the instructions and can adjust if you can read the plant and its signs.
The plant looks well-fed .
You only start giving bloom fertilizer around the second week of flowering anyway.
It has less nitrogen.
But the plant still needs that during the flowering stretch.
I could maybe also add some growth fertilizer for the nitrogen content on the next watering. I have both. Or would that maybe be too much of a good thing?![]()