Can we do one here? I canât remember who ran the last one, but that would be fun!
:cup_with_straw: SoloCup Challenge Winners!
29 antworten · 304 aufrufe
I did but I honestly donât have the mental capacity to do it right now. I still have the winning prize for @Cliff_36
Letâs run one, same exact rules as last time, no prize besides bragging rights. Makes it real easy!
Iâd be down after this harvest.
Since Iâm not on Discord:
what are the rules?
What size is that cup? (0.4l beer mug?)
Best regards
@Mjcalifornia I looked for the old solo cup post with the rules and canât find it. Do you remember where it was posted?
I canât find it either but it was something like this off the top of my head lol
must stay in a 16 oz solo cup, nothing to aid roots growing into something else
Photos only, although I think you allowed autos in the end if I recall
Must upload a few pics each week
I might be missing a few
Last time was autos but honestly Iâm fine with photos, probably easier for me anyway. We just have to set a time frame like 4 weeks in veg or 8 whatever works. I donât think cliff is coming back so we could use that pack of seeds as a prize if you want. I just donât want to track all the entry pics each week and all that stuff.
Found my notes from last time!
Autoflower plants from seed only. (just let us know strain, breeder, days till harvest)
â Plants must be grown in a 16 FL OZ/ 473ml cup
â You may repot but must not exceed the cup size limit.
â Roots must be kept within the cup. You cannot place the cup on another grow medium allowing roots to use the extra space.
â TBD will be the day you can first soak or plant your seeds.
â Duration of contest will be roughly 80-85 days. (this may change depending on the days to harvest people enter.
â Prizes will be given to biggest harvest in terms of weight. Wet weight of buds only so people have an even playing field. (may be a separate dry weight prize.)
â Growers must post 1 progress update per week in the discord channel to stay in competition. This would ideally consist of a few pictures from different angles at least one with a tape measure to show size.
â You can use any growing medium you choose along with any style of nutrition so long as itâs done inside the solo cup.
â You may use up to 2 cups at once, one containing the grow and one to hold runoff or extra water.
â Solo cups may be modified to allow drainage and air exchange but do not have to be.
â Have fun and use this to learn from your own mistakes and those others share as well.
Iâm in! I donât think Iâd have the mental energy to run it either tho
I can barely stay on top of my grow right now which is why my plants are like 2 weeks of growth behind where they should be!!
Depending on the timing of when you guys wanted to start ill throw one in for shits and giggles. Iâm a while off starting another run though. Whether I participate or not I can probably keep track of it for us though if no one else is able to.
Whatâs youâre time frame look like? Iâm 10 weeks from my next run. Iâd wanna start it around then or a bit after
Iâm probably around 12ish weeks give or take a little depending on how flower goes
@Mjcalifornia canât you make a thread on contests? I tried and couldnât get it to post under contests.
Hello growmies! I can post the game when you decide the rules. ![]()
Thanks Eli
Sounds good, canât wait! Iâve never done one so Iâm hoping I can actually get past germination this time. I was a mess last time ![]()
I think the rules we are going to use are the ones I posted above.
You better make it this time. It a fun little grow. Definitely challenging but a lot of fun.
I would have to use a photoperiod because thatâs all I have and I might have to just chop the top little bit off one of the starter pots I usually use, they are 500ml which is 17oz but I can adjust that easily.