Hi GroW’s![]()
I have a question about flushing. I currently have an EC value of 0.66. Do you think about 10 days will be enough to flush out at this value? There will still be about 8-9l of water given in total until harvest.
What do you think?
Magic ![]()
8 antworten · 19 aufrufe
Hi GroW’s![]()
I have a question about flushing. I currently have an EC value of 0.66. Do you think about 10 days will be enough to flush out at this value? There will still be about 8-9l of water given in total until harvest.
What do you think?
Magic ![]()
I wouldn’t stress flushing. There is literal white paper research that shows it does nothing. It’s proven bro-science.
But it is important to flush the last nutrients out of the soil. To refine the flavor and so it isn’t so harsh & instead of tasting like hay, the aroma really comes out.
Magic ![]()
The harsh smoke and hay flavour comes more from doing a crappy job of drying and curing after harvest. Im with @BluntForceTrauma420 on this one, i don’t flush unless it is to save nutrients
Let me put it this way, do you work as hard or efficiently when you don’t have all the food you need and are just getting by on leftovers? You want them to working right up until harvest in my opinion.
That’s exactly what the study was about. They showed no difference flushed or not.
https://share.google/X8VHX5OEKPExNIWUF
This is about one of the studies
THX @ All![]()
That’s a sensible explanation to decide for myself.![]()
Based on the study, I think I will flush it after all. Even if it hasn’t been tested enough. But with the knowledge I’ve already gathered + the study, there’s (even if it only makes up a small part) still a little plus point. (Want to get the best out of my lady after all
)
From what I understand, this flushes out the remaining nutrients. Which stimulates the breakdown of chlorophyll in the leaves more, bringing out the anthocyanins a bit more. And (with proper drying & curing) it also gives a slightly finer refinement in flavor & color.
Ok. Thx @BluntForceTrauma420 I’ll let you know if it helped.
Magic ![]()
When they’re ripe, they come down.
I don’t flush anything either. Then I can’t reuse the pot right away ![]()
Would mess up my life.
Even if I fertilized yesterday, organically, I can harvest the next day without hesitation. I always let them dry out for two or three days before harvesting, though.
Mineral, I have no idea
![]()
Would you even have a comparison? To see if it helps?
I don’t have a comparison yet. I’ve just heard it from 2 or 3 sources. And wanted to play it safe because of that.
From around the day after tomorrow, I have to start paying attention to the amber colors.
Then I think watering at most 1 more time will be enough anyway.
Magic ![]()