I’d flush the hell out of it and add some super light soil, like a happy frog soil and get them into bigger pots so you can add as much lighter soil as possible. I’ve never had this problem but I’m sure doing something like this would help. I just don’t know how much it would help unfortunately
Been experimenting
21 respuestas · 152 visitas
I don’t think down sizing would be the answer, I feel it’d cause more stress than it’s worth. The best I could think of is upsizing with something inert like buffered coco. Also if you want a really good soil mix look up coots recipe. It’s a great living soil recipe and what I plan on using when I get my 4x4 bed.
What you brothers are saying does make sense upsiding and basically diluting the soil at the time of pre-flower. I appreciate you guys for suggesting this it makes a whole lot of sense. Do any of you know anything about introducing far red lighting? And is it really worth the high potential risk?
I’m not too familiar with that to be honest. I know my hlg does have red lights in it tho. Blunt would know a lot more about that than I tho!
The Red light or should I say far red it can be beneficial on both Grow and flowering but there is also a high risk that comes with it of screwing everything up and have spindly plans and loose buds but if done right you have tight buds and strong plans from what I have read so far. I just don’t know if it’s worth the risk or not
I have been playing with reds over my last couple of runs along with some uva. What i can tell you for certain from my observations is using it during veg and flowering stretch led to a lot longer node spacing than normal which I don’t like at all even when I was only giving two 15 minute bursts each day one before main lights come on and one after they switch off. This grow is not getting any extra red until the flowering stretch is completed and plants are just focused on flower production.
I’m fairly risk adverse so probably wouldn’t but I can’t say foe sure
I have enough bags banked that I don’t mind rolling the dice on things every now and then lol.
![]()
![]()
I’m not quite there yet but will be next year for sure!
If I stopped growing right now I would last a couple of years before getting worried about supply
I’m not that far either ![]()
@Mjcalifornia
We seem to have been growing for about the same amount of time.. ![]()
![]()
I’ve been growing in the tent for about a year now. Before that, only amateur attempts without knowledge
Regards
For sure, we’re right on pace with each other. This run I’m going with the “less is more” route to see if I can get some monster colas!
For me, it’s currently more like “as many pots as fit.” And “let’s see what the lamps can do.”
After that, it gets a bit clearer ![]()
Regards
How many plants you got in there and what size is the tent?
120x60x180cm
7 in different pot sizes,
And different stages.
The first ones will come out soon, then they will be spread out a bit.
12l fabric pot.
16l fabric pot
15l plastic pot
20l fabric pot.
2x Mars hydro ts 1000
Large tray that fits exactly, I water with Manu Pot ![]()
Every few days 8-9 l into the tray. Everything that’s needed goes in, physics does the rest.
![]()
Next flowering, however, there will only be 5 pots.
Damn, that’s awesome. I think that is the same size tent I run which is a 2’x4’x6’ here in the US. I might have to experiment with this. It’s pretty much SOG by the sounds of it
Tent of green ![]()
I have a net but haven’t used it yet. Next run or the one after, I’ll use it.
![]()
Soon I’m afraid I’m going to have to enter my tent with a chair and a whip I cannot control their height growth. I have done several high stress training I have tied them down I have done everything but beat the hell out of them and still yet they seem to be growing 4 in a night which I know is pretty much impossible but just feels that way. I’m afraid I’m going to have to turn them over into the flowering stage sooner than I had counted on. But the fear in the back of my mind with this experimentation of this soil I will have too much nitrogen carrying over into my flowering stage disrupting the buds
The good thing is that you have them indoors, and if it reaches its size earlier than expected, it would be fantastic!! You’d shorten your timeline
I don’t see where the problem is? If growth is fast, the work—pruning, staking, along with training—has to be just as fast so the phases don’t overwhelm you. Although, as I said at the beginning, indoors you should be in control
and flip them to the next phase to keep going, always keeping in mind the flowering stretch capacity of your exact strain…
Greetings and the best of luck with your grows
But if your plants reach their desired vigor earlier than expected, it’s not a problem!!! It’s a very beneficial early harvest for the grower… shortening timelines, what growers want most, shortening production times !!!
Now, if you are one of those who enjoy taking more weeks than usual !!! Observing your crops. Great!
I reward fast times, you can never predict the estimated time… if you use techniques where your crop accelerates its timing in the growth phase, it’s something fantastic, you need fewer weeks to reach its desired height.
A big greeting to all the bright-eyed people ![]()

