There is no one size fits all container, it depends on what size plants you’re growing and the feed program . . . it’s been my experience that when properly fed coco will support 2-4 times the plant mass as a comparable container in a soil grow.
I ran 3 gallon for years but found that to be excessive for the smaller plants (6-10 oz dry yield) I run now and have gone back to finishing in 2 gallon pots, GH nutrients in HFF/DTW.
I stay away from the grow bags and air pots that “air prune” the roots . . . when properly fed in the correct container size the root mass will develop a dense web of smaller roots, no long running roots that wrap around the container and no need to restrict root development through pruning. Adding something like GH Rapid Start will increase branching and the root mass’s ability to support a larger plant overall.