So, the time had come, I finished the experiment today
Cut off the shoots and laid them on a newspaper to dry
And since I had to wait so long, I also directly plucked the flowers from the branches and checked what was inside
It was a sticky but very good smelling affair.
And TADAAA, some immediately stuck to my resinous fingers. Now I will wait until the flowers are dry and then take out the rest of the seeds.
All in all, a successful experiment. And expandable.
Meanwhile, in the tent, I treated a few of the lower popcorn buds from my two other strains with Gorilla Sherbet pollen, using a brush to specifically pollinate only the flowers that would have been too small for smoking anyway and also received too little light. This way I created a strain from a Fat Bastard/Gorilla Sherbet and a strain from a Bubble Gum Sherb/Gorilla Sherbet. Both were successful. The Bubble Gum is already curing and 28 seeds came out of the two mini buds. I briefly checked the Fat Bastard when I hung it on the clothesline and immediately had one on my finger; the rest will come out during trimming.
Next month I finally have vacation and then I’ll start the next round, where the Fat Bastard will be propagated and I’ll cross it with the Bubble Gum Sherb. This will result in my desired strain, the Black Forest Queen. This time with a grow log. And since I will only be treating the Fat Bastard, I can still enjoy the Bubble Gum Sherb when it is harvested.
Have fun recreating it
After three days on the windowsill in the sun, I could now crush the blossoms between my fingers. Afterwards, I sieved out the fine, unusable material and then picked out the seeds. It looks like I should have waited two more weeks until harvest. There were finished seeds in there, but also many that were not yet fully ripe. A few looked almost ready, so I playfully put them on a damp paper towel, just to know for sure. I stored the ripe ones in a small brown glass vial until they are used. All in all, despite all the initial difficulties, I now have almost 100 good seeds for further cultivation, and that for free. If the ones in the paper towel germinate, the ones I’m not sure if they’re really ripe, I’ll know that next time I don’t have to be quite so picky when sorting. They were as brown as the others, but the dark spots were sometimes missing or only faintly visible. I will report back whether these also germinate.
Germination rate after just over 12 hours at 100%
was put together in 5 minutes, then waited 24 [hours] and poured into a spray bottle. You can also buy the stuff, however, the parts you need for production are cheaper, and the rods can still be used by your great-grandchildren.