I’ll look out for the calmag deficiency, thanks for letting me know. Yeah I started growing because I’m tired of dispensaries charging 100 a quarter. Or having to rely on the street where people will sell you anything for quick money. Growing my own medicine organically where I can be in control of what goes into the plant definitely has appeal
First time Rdwc scrog!new to community
53 respuestas · 618 visitas
@DeAzNuTz question for you about Grove Bags, do I need a heat sealer to close the bags after I put the flower in? How does that work?
I’m glad you’ve asked because it’s for every type of setup regardless whether you’re doing water culture or soil or coco or hydro because when you adjust the temperature and RH to provide the right environment, you obviously didn’t know this but that comes from the VPD chart and to simplify things people just go by temperature and RH but if you want to maximize on your yield and provide the best possible environment for your plants, if you want to control when and how much nutrients they update, I highly recommend look into the VPD and what it’s all about and how to follow the VPD chart. I’m going to provide all this information I just hope you will actually read it. Whether or not you follow it is your choice but you should definitely educate yourself on it and I’m pretty sure once you do you will never grow the way you did before without following VPD chart.
Chart: https://growsensor.co/indoor-growing/the-ultimate-vpd-calculator-environmental-timeline/
Chart: The Ultimate Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) Guide - Pulse Labs
Chart: https://www.dimluxlighting.com/knowledge/blog/vapor-pressure-deficit-the-ultimate-guide-to-vpd/
Make sure you buy yourself an infrared thermometer to measure your leaves temperature because to follow VPD chart properly you’ll need to measure the offset temperature of your leaves. Usually your leaves are going to be up to 5° F lower than your room temperature and that will change up your chart. Sometimes it’s 2° lower sometimes it’s the same temperature as your room so when you start doing things properly you will see how much better your plans are going to be growing and uptake will be optimal and respiration on point.
This is what professional grows at home and commercially are all following. When I first learned about it I quickly realized how stupid I am or uneducated because temperature and relative humidity adjustments come from the VPD
. Who would have thought 

I’m happy to share this knowledge so whoever is interested can increase their yields and performance!
You can hate seal it but I don’t. They recommend to heat seal the bags and they leave extra space to do it twice but like I said I don’t and it’s been working fine for me. I think it’s a marketing thing for them because once you heat seal it you’re going to have to buy new bags and that helps them sell more. See for yourself, heat seal one and don’t seal another and see if there’s a difference. I keep them in groove bags for up to 2 months and then I transfer them into glass jars for prolonged storage. They say that you don’t have to add humidity packs but I do after about a week being in the bag because I like my bud to be a little moist. It’s a personal preference so do whatever you like. Hope this helps.
Thanks a million @DeAzNuTz Iv downloaded all the vdp s and gone through Kelp4less and all the stuff I need is there I will have to wait till Wednesday to order! But belive me I’ll be watching all what you give me in information 


That’s awesome! I just fed my outside batch with grow pack and they absolutely love it! You can start feeding them as early as four true leaves appear like mine 
And I got my CO2 in there as well in a small 500 mL bottle where I put 300 mL of water with 120g of sugar, 5g baking soda and 5g active yeast. Yes you can supplement CO2 this young and you will see the accelerate and growth like Superman LOL. It does help them grow faster.
Until the four true leaves appear I just feed them water with CalMag and gray white mixed together and pH to 6.3-6.5 for soil grow.
The paper towel you see in there is one of my thermometerometers covered from the light which makes it higher temperature if uncovered which is not a real temperature. Guess how I learned that
lol and lightly burned my seedlings. That was a long time ago but lesson learned! That usually happens with intense lights not cheap lights. When I was using Mars hydro, Roleadro Galaxyhydro, Atrium, and some other cheap Chinese crap, they don’t really affect the temperature on my thermometers because they are not that intense and they don’t reach them but once you step your game up and get better light like Platinum LED or BlackDogLED or Kind LED K3 or K5 series is what usually home growers get.
@DeAzNuTz I went and picked some up from my local grow shop today. They had qp bags for $5.
Just sent you a text from a 571 number.
@DeAzNuTz if you don’t heat seal the bags how do you close them? Do you leave them open? Lol
@Graywave Amen! Same here.
There is a ziploc seal on the bags @Graywave
They come with ziplock closure that keeps everything very airtight. Or like you said you can keep them open but that would be just plain stupid 
Not calling you that, just saying that would be a stupid move
I also have these small Grove bags and you can see there’s a Ziploc on there on all of them which is very useful.
By the way I have no use for these small bags and the reason I got them was I accidentally fucked up my order thinking these are eight oz bags half pound bags but I’ve misread the description which reads eight oz which is ⅛ so when you guys going to be ordering them make sure you read the sizes correctly and don’t make my mistake 
I was planning to get 1/8 and 1/4 Oz lol 8 Oz is too rich for me
@DeAzNuTz is my nose broken?? My nute water after adding the grow pack smelled EXACTLY like the seasoning packet from chicken flavor instant Ramen LOL 

If you only need a couple of them then it’s fine to get it from your local store but if you want to save money and get different varieties then only get them from their website and scroll down and look for “home grow” tab that’s where you’ll be able to mix and match and get much cheaper prices and much smaller packages because other options are bulk numbers like thousands of those bags for dispensaries and cultivators.
Yes the grow pack does have a little bit of similar smell to the one you cook in your kitchen and that’s because of the mixture of all kinds of organic stuff including amino acids that humans absolutely need for their digestive system 
As far as those tiny bags you said you are going to get I am very against it because if you have an eighth of an ounce of Bud you’ll want to put that into a quarter pound bag because they recommend to always leave some space and never fill the bags to the top. So if I were you I would invest into quarter pound bags at the minimum but I would get in your case two sizes quarter pound and half a pound. It’s okay to have some space left over but it’s not okay to pack those bags because you’re going to defeat the purpose of them. Price difference is under a dollar for each!
What’s the best strains out of what you have for Rdwc scrog net? I want exotic, good yield. I was looking at sure fire Bahama mamma line, and the star fire apple line but that godfather might be good and la confidential and the skywalk we and banana kush. I’m doing taste budz back to the future just put them in rock wool in my ez clone with a dash of great white. I also wanna know how to use ever part of plant and make hash or dabs with whatever is left. What is the most efficient way of doing that?
Honestly all this trains you have just mentioned will do just fine and deep water culture. I don’t have any pure sativas because they just grow to them tall and this is another issue that a lot of DWC and hydro growers don’t like because it’s hard to keep them standing once they put on that weight so all of my strains are hybrids which don’t grow tall. I purposely choose those strains to be very potent, hybrid, and easy and intermediate skill levels. I only have one seed that’s considered to be hard to grow which is sour diesel and that’s the one you definitely don’t want in your grow.
If you’d like to get a little geeked out then go to Google and search each strain that you’re interested in and check out their characteristics as far as how do they perform in soil versus hydro or DWC, THC and CBD levels, etc…
I don’t want to give you the wrong information and I’m not here to mislead you or trick you or to bullshit you. I’d rather you do your own due diligence and let me know which ones you prefer.
What do you think about purple caper seeds?





