You’ve probably seen them before: plants absolutely covered in pistils, giving them that fluffy, almost “hairy” look. Some are stunning, some look wild, and some just keep stacking hairs forever ![]()
I’ve been wondering how much of this is just visual… and how much actually tells us something about the plant.
Traditionally, this kind of structure is often associated with more sativa-leaning genetics, which can mean longer flowering times and slower maturation. But with so many hybrids out there today, it’s not always that straightforward anymore.
So I’m curious about your experience:
• Have you grown or seen particularly “hairy” plants?
• Did they take longer to mature?
• Did you notice any impact on yield or bud density?
• Do you think it’s mostly genetic, or influenced by environment as well?
Feel free to share pics if you have them, specially if you tracked them in a growlog like this one. Do you see what I mean?














