Location, basement, office and problems

28 respuestas · 206 visitas

Arusha

#8

Do I actually have to carry the exhaust air from the tent out of the room outside? What happens when it stays in the room? mold? bad air quality?

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#9

It’s more about temperature control, the exhaust will be warmer than the room temp and eventually it warms the room up. If you can keep a door open to give some fresh air it wouldn’t be a problem and could even work to your advantage in winter.

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#10

Humidity can build up a bit too without air exchange of some kind

Responder ↗
Arusha

#11

This is all very unsatisfactory.

I would have to heat the basement because it is too cold.

But that consumes a lot of electricity.

As I read it.

In the office, the door is always open and even has ventilation slots at the bottom.

Because it’s not very pleasant from the window.

But in Germany, I can’t find any supplier that sells window attachments that are not made of fabric.

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#12

If the door of the office is open that much you could put the tent in there without any problems

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#13

Office in winter and basement in summer maybe if it’s cooler still at that time.

Responder ↗
Arusha

#15

Always run exhaust air?

pulsating how would you do that?

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#16

Maybe put one or two heating mats in the tent?

I also grow in the basement and in winter I had a heating pipe.

Now I’ve insulated my tent from the outside :joy:

IMG_5559

5cm wall facade insulation board.
Behind the tent and on the sides.
Raised so it doesn’t stand directly on the concrete.

That’s how I have it currently.

Winter is just starting here. But I will keep my heating mats ready.

Ventilation runs permanently

Responder ↗
Arusha

#17

Ok thanks for the inspiration.

means I have to build

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#19

Otherwise, the only other thing that comes to mind is what I was once advised.

Is your light source definitely an LED?

I was told that while sodium vapor lamps are a bit more expensive in terms of consumption, they are quite cheap to purchase. AND they practically warm your tent for free.

Just another thought

Responder ↗
Arusha

#20

Led yes.

Now you can put me on the stake, I have E27 bulbs

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#21

I don’t condemn anyone :face_blowing_a_kiss:

I also started like that :wink:

IMG_4212
IMG_4539

Sodium vapor lamp and ballast are similar in construction :slight_smile: like E27

Just take a look if that’s something for you

Responder ↗
ItsOzzie

#23

I currently grow in garage. So i get the heat and cold swings of the seasons. I heat the tent in the winter. Adding insulation around the tent would be a good idea. But, haven’t done it. And the summers can be challenging because it can get into the 100s in the garage in August. Im not able to cool it other then fans. Its not usually an issue unless I’m in later flower. So plant timing is important. But, it doable. Humidity is something you’d need to be more concerned about. Big swings can be a problem.

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#24

True :rofl:

But with an insulated tent, the warmth might last longer :smiling_face:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#25

Sounds like Australian summer.

We here in Europe are currently struggling with humid rainy phases.
I can’t get below 60% humidity in the tent right now. Week 4 of flowering.

But outside the tent, it’s sometimes 75-80%.
So I’m quite happy with 60-63% in the tent.

IMG_0713

Responder ↗
ItsOzzie

#26

Yeah. Im sitting around the same. Im not usually concerned unless it’s getting above 63% rh. I also keep the plants well trimmed for airflow.

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#27

I don’t mind the cooler temps I love the purples it brings out and the quality and quantity is perfectly fine with me. I don’t chase numbers just results

Responder ↗

Responder