Hi folks,
I’m currently in the middle of Manifolding (You can find details and progress in my public Logs, otherwise I’ll drop links in the comments if needed).
I wanted to hear what your secret tips are and where you see potential for improvement or mistakes in my approach. Briefly about my approach and my current challenges:
-
Bending Technique: To make the shoots as flexible as possible, I combine massaging and bending. I carefully bend them back and forth until they roughly hold the shape, and only then do I fix them. How do you do it? Are you more aggressive in your approach?
-
Problem Case: Split Stem (No. 1): During training, the stem of No. 1 slightly split. I immediately secured it with tape and loosened the wire. Do you have any tips for the healing phase, or does it usually just heal on its own for you?
-
Problem Case: Large Internodal Spacing (No. 2): How do you proceed if a plant (like my No. 2) has extremely large internodal spacing? Are there any special tricks to keep the structure compact despite this?
-
Timing: I’ve tried both timing approaches – bending down directly after the cut, and also waiting a few days first. What are your long-term experiences? What ultimately stresses the ladies less?
-
Nutrients: Do you use special microbes or additives to mitigate the stress of intense training?
Share your experiences, criticism, and learnings!




