Just as an after thought.
I’m not saying the military would not be present…but remembering the oath I took when I enlisted - " Protect America and it’s citizens at all costs ".
The military actually has no authority in civil law enforcement. Unless it’s a direct violent act against America and it’s citizens. That’s why there is NEVER any soldiers involved in domestic drug bust , counterfeiting , gang actions …or other civil law enforcement activities.
At one time…I can’t quote dates…if a US soldier was involved with the death of a US citizen , it carried the death penalty for treason. It still carries a military prison term.
Now if it was an armed gathering with violent intent towards America then yes they do have the authority to respond and protect and if fired upon has the right to return fire without discrimination. But not against a peaceful gathering…they didn’t even help federal law enforcement at the " Karesh" compound in TX when they raided it ( just an example)