Royal Queen seeds

33 respuestas · 313 visitas

Mjcalifornia

#14

What do you add to the soil? I’m obviously a beginner but would love to do organic. I did the fox farms dirty dozen my first grow but after reading up on it realized it wasn’t the best chemical wise. This grow I plan on using Strive which seems a lot better on that front

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#15

This run I am using Build-a-soil’s craft blend, build a bloom and build a flower. I also amended with some worm castings and compost I make. The base I am using is by coast of Maine. For some boosters I have imo 1 and 2, fermented plant juice and fermented fruit juice, which are from the KNF method of farming. I will also use some teas throughout the grow as well.

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#16

Damn, that’s intense :rofl:. I’m going to start reading up on that for my future grows. I love the challenge and plan to try something new and tinker with all my grows moving forward. Wish I would’ve started growing a long time ago as it seems like you could grow 100 years and still have tons to learn!

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#17

Just ordered a compost bin so I can start learning that part of the process and will start using that next grow!

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#18

That’s awesome! What kind did you get? I had a 40 something gallon tumbler when I started. Now I have 3 piles/mounds in my yard. I also started worms in a closet from uncle Jim’s worms. They have a starter kit that literally could be on a counter and you wouldn’t notice.

All the knf stuff is amazingly simple as is the Jadam method. It’s just dirt cheap diy microbes and fertilizer to over simplify it. The IMO 1&2 were the hardest, and I use the term hardest while laughing. It took me 2 attempts to find the right location to set up my outdoor collection. That was the hard part :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

You could definitely grow your entire life trying a different variation every grow and probably barely scratch the surface for ways to do it. I can’t wait to try hydro and the many methods it has as well. But I think I’ll always have at least 1 organic soil grow. It’s such a fun way to try.

Edit: sorry for the long replies. I get a little excited :sweat_smile:

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#19

Lol no worries, I love learning and talking about this stuff as well. I just got a cheap plastic on to start and see how it goes. I have a nice little garden I’ve been building over time so I think the composting makes a ton of sense. I’m excited to add this as my next layer for my grows, and hope it helps out. I’ll look up those methods too. For the earthworms, do you put them live into the soil or compost or both?

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#20

I started in a small shoebox size plastic tote with 250 worms in coco coir. I now have 3 large Rubbermaid totes with well over 10k worms. I bury my food scraps with a little pulverized egg shells and sand. Then every 6 months I harvest half of the casting/coco to make teas with or to add directly to soil mixes. The harvesting I dump the whole bin onto a tarp or drop cloth under a bright light. The worms will want to bury themselves so just keep scraping the top layer off and scoop it into a 5 gallon bucket or similar. Super simple and another way to use up produce as it goes bad.

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#21

Thanks for the info! It’s insane how complex everything that goes into growing is but I think that’s why I truly enjoy it even as a non smoker. I’m trying to convince my cousin to grow and offered him a seedling and he was intimidated with just the little bit of knowledge that I have but I told him that he could start with just good soil and simply water it and learn from there. Can’t wait to really learn all this and get some killer harvests. I’m harvesting my first ever batch of 3 plants within the next week or so and am going to have a “harvest party”. Probably 4 or 5 people and we’ll trim, smoke, drink, and bbq. Really looking forward to that and want to make it a tradition at every harvest I do. Especially since I’m not a smoker (I will take a hit occasionally) so I will be gifting and sharing my grows

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#22

That’s the best kind of party imo :joy:. Tons of helping hands and lots of memories made with good people! Can’t wait to see your results.

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#24

At least im not the only one who hosts a trimming party lol. I used to pull somewhere around 20lb a year outdoor and there was no way i was doing that solo

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#26

Damn, what a beautiful plant! What strain is that? And why not have a harvest party! Any excuse to bbq and drink some beers is golden in my book! :rofl:

Responder ↗
voicelesspilot

#27

Northern lights auto.

All i did was bend them over once and used pipe cleaners to anchor for some light lst

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#28

Nice I just started 4 Royal queens and am undecided on which one to start next but probably Royal gorilla

Responder ↗
fjmcne35

#29

Hi, I’m no expert - but I won’t use Miracle Grow. I’ve seen warnings not to use on other sites. I use Fox Farm, but they are expensive and I ended with several bottles for the different grow stages. Check out some YouTube videos, there are other recommendations too

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#30

I of course had already mix in $100 of fox farm soil so I’m stuck for this grow unfortunately. It’s only my second grow though so another lesson learned!

Responder ↗
Triphead

#31

Ive had about 15 seeds from them + some free ones.

Every one I’ve tried so far has germinated fine under a wet piece of tissue for 2-3 days.

I’m brand new to growing though so I’ve killed a few plants mid way and had 3 grow to flower but they were small. (Outdoor set up)

I’ll definitely use them again

Responder ↗
Newislandgrower

#32

Im a new grower. I ordered couple photo seeds and pop three all three sprouted in 2 days after placing directly in soil.

Responder ↗
fjmcne35

#33

I have ordered from Royal Seed several times. All seeds germinated and grew into nice plants. Pic is of Royal Queen Epsilon F1. I just harvested this plant - 4 oz, even thou it was only 16" tall.

Responder ↗

Responder