What kind of soil you using and where do you live? I’m growing outdoors with a similar set up and wish mine were half that size! My first grow was 7 gallon pots and second I’m going to 10 gallon fabric. I can’t let mine grow over 5’ tall tho. I’m in Southern California. Very impressive plants tho!!!
Second grow!
27 respuestas · 342 visitas
Im using Fox Farm soil with extra earth worm castings and i live in Chicago.
Why do you keep them under 5ft?
They look great, should have about a pound per plant.
I have a shorter backyard fence and keep them under that out of respect to the neighbors who have a young kid. I know it’s legal but there’s nothing worse than a pissed off neighbor so I try and keep it cool ![]()
One of my neighbors is a jerk who doesn’t cut his grass or shovel his snow and the other just wants free weed so I’m all good.
Gotta love it! My neighbors are super cool but seem really conservative on the weed front. They won’t even swim in my pool because of the chemicals lol. Highly doubt they’re blazing it up based off that ![]()
I also have 4 kids 11 and under so keep it at 6 plants, not visible, etc to avoid any trouble. My oldest understands and is confused why I’m growing when I don’t smoke. I can’t yet tell him his grandma is a massive stoner and I’m growing for her ![]()
Congrats, look amazing. Keep one indoors untilDecember and wrap it in fairy lights, definitely big enough ![]()
![]()
![]()
Yeah, stay safe and no pissy neighbors. No reason to put a target on your back around town.
I’m a indoor grower but a firm believer in big plants. Looks great.
Question for you, how do you deal with bugs and other pest during your flowering/budding stage? Im in chicago doing an outdoor grow as well, but i keep having issues with bugs
I have not had any problems so far but i know there are several natural remedies that deal with bugs without harming you crop. I got rid of worms on my red cabbage using cormeal.
My only suggestion would be less. Fan leaves more nutrients to the buds.
High found the next year of vinegar and water sprayed around the base of a planter helps.
Looking great. I’m outdoors 4 in fabric pots, 2 in ground. I find the fabric pots dry out very quickly and soil is compacted. Have you had any issues with this? I’m using fox farm soil and nutrients.
Yes. I have to water my plants constantly or they begin to look wilted.
Same here, especially with that light and fluffy soil. I added some shitty soil that is more clayish to try and help offset. It’s like the good soil is so light it instantly dries out
Grow update. Still not quite ready for harvest. The trichomes are mostly milky white and I want a few more to turn amber. For my all important drying phase I have a 4x4 grow tent in the garrage with a small fan for air movement and a humidity/ temperature monitor. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY ADVICE TO GET THE BEST RESULTS DURING DRYING?


