@Mjcalifornia I looked for the old solo cup post with the rules and can’t find it. Do you remember where it was posted?
:cup_with_straw: SoloCup Challenge Winners!
29 respuestas · 304 visitas
I can’t find it either but it was something like this off the top of my head lol
must stay in a 16 oz solo cup, nothing to aid roots growing into something else
Photos only, although I think you allowed autos in the end if I recall
Must upload a few pics each week
I might be missing a few
Last time was autos but honestly I’m fine with photos, probably easier for me anyway. We just have to set a time frame like 4 weeks in veg or 8 whatever works. I don’t think cliff is coming back so we could use that pack of seeds as a prize if you want. I just don’t want to track all the entry pics each week and all that stuff.
Found my notes from last time!
Autoflower plants from seed only. (just let us know strain, breeder, days till harvest)
● Plants must be grown in a 16 FL OZ/ 473ml cup
● You may repot but must not exceed the cup size limit.
● Roots must be kept within the cup. You cannot place the cup on another grow medium allowing roots to use the extra space.
● TBD will be the day you can first soak or plant your seeds.
● Duration of contest will be roughly 80-85 days. (this may change depending on the days to harvest people enter.
● Prizes will be given to biggest harvest in terms of weight. Wet weight of buds only so people have an even playing field. (may be a separate dry weight prize.)
● Growers must post 1 progress update per week in the discord channel to stay in competition. This would ideally consist of a few pictures from different angles at least one with a tape measure to show size.
● You can use any growing medium you choose along with any style of nutrition so long as it’s done inside the solo cup.
● You may use up to 2 cups at once, one containing the grow and one to hold runoff or extra water.
● Solo cups may be modified to allow drainage and air exchange but do not have to be.
● Have fun and use this to learn from your own mistakes and those others share as well.
I’m in! I don’t think I’d have the mental energy to run it either tho
I can barely stay on top of my grow right now which is why my plants are like 2 weeks of growth behind where they should be!!
Depending on the timing of when you guys wanted to start ill throw one in for shits and giggles. I’m a while off starting another run though. Whether I participate or not I can probably keep track of it for us though if no one else is able to.
What’s you’re time frame look like? I’m 10 weeks from my next run. I’d wanna start it around then or a bit after
I’m probably around 12ish weeks give or take a little depending on how flower goes
@Mjcalifornia can’t you make a thread on contests? I tried and couldn’t get it to post under contests.
Hello growmies! I can post the game when you decide the rules. ![]()
Thanks Eli
Sounds good, can’t wait! I’ve never done one so I’m hoping I can actually get past germination this time. I was a mess last time ![]()
I think the rules we are going to use are the ones I posted above.
You better make it this time. It a fun little grow. Definitely challenging but a lot of fun.
I would have to use a photoperiod because that’s all I have and I might have to just chop the top little bit off one of the starter pots I usually use, they are 500ml which is 17oz but I can adjust that easily.
Yeah I think we should do photos this time. Autos were a disappointment last run, everything was super small and flowered premature.
Yeah that’s my bad. I never use the forums. I like instant chatting vs this ![]()
You can always direct Msg me
I haven’t done a SOLO cup grow in a while, but unless they’ve changed it up a classic SOLO 16oz red party cup filled to the brim holds 18oz . . . a 17oz pot should be a pretty good match.
There is a new Solo Cup waiting for the growers! Discord