Stecklinge in der Blütenphase šŸ§‘ā€šŸ”¬

48 respuestas Ā· 520 visitas

Dbe

#27

Hi @KilliczGe :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:,

Yes, exactly bird sand.

Let me put it this way…

2 cm bird sand on top + a double layer of weed fabric at the bottom = no more problems with fungus gnats! :wink::smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:

For me personally, the most effective way. I’ve been doing it like this since I don’t know when. And it works. :+1:
Every pot of mine looks like this. I only omit the sand for rooting.

Grow on :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::+1::sign_of_the_horns::victory_hand::ok_hand::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#28

ā€œAt the bottomā€ at the bottom of the pot? Or under the sand?
Is it also necessary at the bottom for fabric pots?

Yes, I’ve also experimented around. Lava mulch works with small grit but is expensive in the long run.
Pumice sand stays moist for too long and pumice stone is too light.

Then the budgies will probably have to give up some sand. :joy::nerd_face:

Responder ↗
Lena_Bpunkt

#29

This topic is awesome and it even works. I also tested it after reading about it here :joy::ok_hand:

Took a cutting in bloom, put it in a glass and cut it directly at the leaf node, after three days the first roots were visible :scream: A big cheer to your experiments :folded_hands:t4:

Responder ↗
Dbe

#30

Moin moin :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:
Since I’ve never used fabric pots before, this is now a bit tricky. :call_me_hand:

But, for explanation, the plants go on the bottom of the pot, soil on top, and then the sand.

The sand will definitely keep the surface clear for you. Since I don’t know how coarse the fabric of your pots is. It’s hard to say.

Grow on :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::+1::sign_of_the_horns::victory_hand::ok_hand::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#31

So many questions :joy:

@KilliczGe with the fabric pot, you didn’t have to put fleece at the bottom. Why? It’s completely closed!

With plastic pots or generally those that have these drainage openings. You put the fleece in there so that fungus gnats don’t get to the soil at the bottom and lay their eggs there. Greetings from Paule

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#32

Hello everyone. I wanted to show something earlier, but unfortunately something came up. But today I’m showing the Mexican clone, which has now probably rooted well in the big pot.

Today 28 days old, 16 days in soil and 9 days now in cultivation, it looked like this today

1757952049445

1757952057642

it has grown considerably in height and width and looks damn beautiful, green, and healthy for now. Yesterday it got some water with Wurzel Complex and Power Zyme. To slow it down a bit so that the other two, which still need healing time, can catch up. They are cultivating, but still very slowly.

Today I took it on and removed a bit of the top. I think this is more in the direction of FIM, because I didn’t completely top/remove the tip, but only removed about 75 - 80% of it.

1757952119852

Now let’s wait and see what that will bring. At least it will need a few days of recovery now, during which the other 2 could catch up, because it will become calmer for now.

But that wasn’t enough for me, and since everything was fresh, soft, and pliable, I bent the slender stem by 90 degrees and then secured it.

1757952210961

So it lies practically horizontally, just above the soil, and I cut away larger fan leaves that were resting on the soil because of this. There were already 5 or 6 nodes with lateral shoots that can now expose themselves nicely to the light.

It remains to be seen how things will continue with it.

The Jamaican clone has only grown minimally, but here’s the problem;

today only 18 days young, only 6 days in soil, taken from the 2nd week of flowering, it had to root and reveg, which the latter is not yet complete.

1757954063295

1757954072209

but it’s looking healthier every day and has regained a beautiful green color.

As for the Fast Diesel clone, the stunted structure is slowly cultivating out here too and it’s starting to look normal. I assume that I put it in soil too early during rooting. It has been in there for 12 days now.

Well - good things come to those who wait, or something like that.

1757954403363

1757954424553

1757954414037

Here I’m currently considering, because it still looks a bit strange from the top and is cultivating normally from the bottom. To amputate its top as well. :joy: :innocent: ???

I have also immortalized sightings in my Growlog, from my flowering temple from flowering day 29 today, which I will then present immediately or tomorrow at ā€œshow your ladiesā€.

Stay High, Pflanzenpaule wishes you a good evening :joy:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#34

A little thought.

If you now, as @herr_gruen did in his post, also drill holes all around the plastic pot, would you then have to line the pot with fleece again from the inside or outside? That would also be an entry point for the critters

I’ll stick with the fabric bag :clutch_bag::joy:

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#36

The fabric bag provides very good protection because it’s only open at the top, and there are coco mats, already pre-cut in various diameter sizes, which can then also be used to cover the top. I already had some in my hand yesterday at Dehner. But I still need to measure the top diameter of my pots so that it fits snugly and flush for the next round. You can also get it on a roll to cut it yourself, but I prefer the easier option.

Actually, the cultivation method also determines the approach against fungus gnats. With mineral fertilization, you mix neem oil into the water and water with it, and then the critters are quickly gone. I’m currently seeing this with the cuttings that I gently feed twice a week, and when the first gnat was stuck on one of the 4 yellow sticky traps, I applied it this way, and honestly, nothing else has appeared since then. With living soil, with all the soil-dwelling bacteria and microbes, which also comes with Bio Bizz with microbes for those who use it, neem oil would also be harmful to beneficial soil life. Meanwhile, I want to move away from beneficial insects like predatory mites and nematodes because the quality claims from the sellers simply annoy me, because especially in the hot summer months, a refrigerated product can simply be out of refrigeration for several days due to shipping times. It no longer has the quality they talk about. Accordingly, the success is also zero. Just costs for nothing.

Therefore, the best thing is to give the critters no access to the soil at all, and then they will no longer be interested. Greetings from Paule

Responder ↗
snAke

#37

20250919_181749

20250919_181755

The unplanned pregnancy. The shoots my wife put in the water while lollipopping :winking_face_with_tongue:. They were a bit too long with too little or too much distance to the light. I couldn’t manage to set up the shelf, too lazy somehow :pensive_face:. 3 Jealousy and 3 reveg Blue Zushi. 3.5L pots, Rewe herb soil inoculated with Jasper’s mycorrhiza granules. It’s supposed to start ā€œmoldingā€ after 2 weeks, but I already have visible fungus on the surface, partly after about 1 week. The plants look strange but that’s okay. There’s no more than the 3.5L. Once the tent is empty, they will move.

Wire shelf, emergency blanket around the outside, cardboard around it, 2x20W Aldi propagation lamps with built-in 16h timer fixed at the top. The ā€œdoorā€ is currently still a thick white blanket, which gives me temperatures of 30° and RH 80+. Still need to poke holes in the back top for exhaust air. When the light is on, I always open it a little bit at the bottom. But… for propagation and cloning, it’s enough for now. I don’t have space for a second tent, no matter the size.

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#38

Thanks to the second tent, I’m now also in.

The Tangerine has such beautiful growth. I took a small branch from the bottom. :drooling_face::nerd_face:

IMG_1094

Flower Day 44.

And @snAke.
Why a second tent, when it seems to work great for you like this too. :face_blowing_a_kiss::victory_hand:t3:

Balcony experiment failed, so my early birthday present is well thought out, my girlfriend smokes with me too :wink::sweat_smile: completely selflessly :joy::joy:

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#39

@KilliczGe

Oh wow, that cutting was taken late.

What a thick bud on top. It will take its time until it returns to growth once it roots. Expect a good eight weeks until its form recovers in growth, and until then you will experience incredibly strange leaf forms. Only send it back into flower when it shows normal leaf forms again. My Jamaican clone is still very sluggish, but the mini flower node is already out - grown away.

Tomorrow is feeding and then new clone pictures will come. At least the Hesi fertilizer still works and it’s been standing for almost 2 years. :smiley:

Good luck. Regards, Paule

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#41

Here’s the Jamaican cutting taken from the second week of flowering.

On September 21st, it was 24 days old

1758607623970

1758607567552

1758607574645

It seems to be slowly growing normally from the top again.

Have a nice day from Pflanzenpaule

Responder ↗
Dbe

#42

Hello everyone :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:,

Tick tock says the clock… Click clack to zap says the calendar… I wake up and have a… Beautiful grow tent!! :sweat_smile::joy:

Even though I’m in a good mood because I can continue writing about one of my favorite topics. :call_me_hand:
I am also a little sad, yet full of hope.
To explain, ā€œZamiā€ has unfortunately passed away. :coffin:
Not that she was really sick or anything. No, but her development lagged so far behind that I decided to rather give preference to healthier and more active clones. :+1:
After all, luckily I can choose which ones to continue with given the selection of clones. :grin:
So, no long hesitation. Out with her and make room for the next lady. :woman_dancing:

In this case, two ladies are moving in right away. Firstly…

IMG_20250922_121107

Strawberry Cough G1 (1) … :scientist:
It reads modestly. But with the amount of clones available to me right now, I’ll skip searching for a name. (Ideas are always welcome. :hugs:)
In any case, she’s already been growing for a week. Here she is freshly repotted.

And immediately in addition…

IMG_20250922_124324

StCoGe1 (2)…(:backhand_index_pointing_left: the original Growlog name)
She rooted three days later, and that’s clear to see. But now she has space and light. We’ll see. :eyes:

Then I also had an update for the Amnesia Pro…

IMG_20250922_121105

Now that she also has proper space, she’s kicking it up a notch with the revegging. Good! The more shoots, the more clones! :grin:
Can’t wait to grow the next generation from it. :nerd_face::nerd_face:

You can (or already have) check out the flowering activity of my Gelato clone in the category ā€œShow off your Ladiesā€. :eyes:

That’s all for now, for this time.

In that spirit, stay tuned for more.

Your Dr. Weedenstein :scientist:

Grow on everyone :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::+1::sign_of_the_horns::victory_hand::ok_hand::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#43

Tangerine Dream Cutting

Still alive and slowly starting with new foliage. :eyes::disguised_face:

IMG_1988
IMG_1970

Responder ↗

Responder