Anyone else have a special guest in their tent? (Companion Plants)

40 respostas · 526 visualizações

Rasta_Free-Man

#3

Love it! I just started growing Strawberries this year as well, but only outside.

I am even using the Grow with Jane app to track the watering, feeding, foliar sprays, etc.



Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#4

Kinda like blackberries and raspberries! We have a TON of edible berries that grow arpund our place.

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#5

Haha very very cool! Looks like they are super happy and healthy!

Responder ↗
Smokey101

#6

Yeah pretty much. My only issue is the chipmunks and rabbits like to snag all my fruits :rofl: wish they would just eat the tomatoes instead

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#7

Haha right! We grow tomatoes too, and we dont eat them! Just grow for fun and for others!

Responder ↗
Smokey101

#8

Same here i dont like tomatoes but grow them for friends and family. I grow cajun bell peppers,cucumbers,tomatoes, and usually find something different to try and grow each year but i need my peppers every year :rofl:

Responder ↗
Graywave

#9

How do you take care of these differently from cannabis? I have 6 seeds on day 6 of germination, no sprouts yet but I heard it can take 2-3 weeks for sucessful germination. I am planning to use same soil, same nute line, same foliar spray. And water with a wet to dry cycle. Is that fine? Thank you

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#10

Are you talking about strawberry seeds? If so, they can take up to 6 weeks to sprout. They are very slow growing plants.

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#11

I remember being a little kid at my grandmas house. Id go down to the garden and pick a nice fresh bell pepper, wipe it off, and eat it right there! Cucumbers are just the best vegetable ever!

Responder ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#12

Hi @Graywave, I am new to growing Strawberries, but in my research, they like 10-10-10 fertilizer. I have 5-4-5 cannabis fertilizer, but decided not to use it, in favour of using 10-10-10 concentration. I feed every 4 weeks (as per package) or sooner, if it rains all through the night, since some of the fertilizer would have been flushed out.

C-I-L 10-10-10

Strawberries are thirsty plants so, I keep an eye on them and I water when dry.

All Cannabis Foliar sprays should be good for Strawberries, but don’t spray the Berries/fruit.

Responder ↗
Fatmanicus

#13

Im wanting to, i just keep losing time for it. Got seeds of herbs, spices and companion plants, all just waiting for my hand to grow.

Eventually I plan to have anything I need to cook, eat or heal growing along side each other in my basement. But thats gonna take a long while.

Saw someone around these parts with a mushroom growing and that was super cool, id go with certain mushrooms growing with my cannabis lol for science purposes of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#14

Mushrooms are very easy to start and they grow like wild fire!

Responder ↗
0987654321

#15

I keep sundews in terrariums with my various house and ‘other’ plants.

I have a worm farm and needed the tiny flying pest control and quickly found I can put one next to all of my plants and in the kitchen.

My house stays bug free with these. Just gotta use distilled water or rain water for them.

Happy Grows everyone

Responder ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#17

Absolutely love it! Thank you, I will be following suite I think. I love learning new things!! Many thanks.

Responder ↗
0987654321

#18

Etsy has cool terrariums….

If you can’t source plants near you, look up California Carnivores

I have gotten great plants from them.

If you decide to do a worm farm, look up Uncle Jim’s Red Wigglers. He has tons of information on worms and other organic grow ideas

Carnivorous plants love rain; get you a good continuous mister; I like the one from Ace, .5 gal.

Love my bug eating plants, mainly because I live off fresh fruit a lot and the bugs……

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#19

We have such a bad fruit fly problem right now. We had a bag of compost waste that we forgot about in our kitchen…

Responder ↗
Vanillabean

#21

I hear warm apple cider vinegar and dish soap makes a good trap. If not, im gonna buy one of those bug-a-salt guns!

Responder ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#22

It does, I bought a bunch of Apple Cider Vinegar and dish soap, and I tried it… only once though, since the smell made me want to :face_vomiting: I opted for using the Yellow Sticky Traps. They work wonders.

TIP: I ended up buying the Large pack of yellow sticky traps and then just cut them up into smaller sizes. It was way cheaper than buying the pack with small strips and the plastic holders (I have so many of those now).

Also, I was battling with a fungus gnat infestation for months.. they only went away after adding a bit of Hydr-ox to my water/nutrients. It is a formulae of Hydrogen peroxide. It killed the gnat larvae and the adult gnats that were in the soil after 2 feedings with it. My run off was full of the adults and the larvae (not moving like they normally do).
https://greenplanetnutrients.ca/product/greenplanet-nutrients-hydr-ox/

Responder ↗

Responder