Been experimenting

21 respostas · 152 visualizações

BluntForceTrauma420

#3

I don’t think down sizing would be the answer, I feel it’d cause more stress than it’s worth. The best I could think of is upsizing with something inert like buffered coco. Also if you want a really good soil mix look up coots recipe. It’s a great living soil recipe and what I plan on using when I get my 4x4 bed.

Responder ↗
BamBam

#4

What you brothers are saying does make sense upsiding and basically diluting the soil at the time of pre-flower. I appreciate you guys for suggesting this it makes a whole lot of sense. Do any of you know anything about introducing far red lighting? And is it really worth the high potential risk?

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#5

I’m not too familiar with that to be honest. I know my hlg does have red lights in it tho. Blunt would know a lot more about that than I tho!

Responder ↗
BamBam

#6

The Red light or should I say far red it can be beneficial on both Grow and flowering but there is also a high risk that comes with it of screwing everything up and have spindly plans and loose buds but if done right you have tight buds and strong plans from what I have read so far. I just don’t know if it’s worth the risk or not

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#7

I have been playing with reds over my last couple of runs along with some uva. What i can tell you for certain from my observations is using it during veg and flowering stretch led to a lot longer node spacing than normal which I don’t like at all even when I was only giving two 15 minute bursts each day one before main lights come on and one after they switch off. This grow is not getting any extra red until the flowering stretch is completed and plants are just focused on flower production.

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#8

I’m fairly risk adverse so probably wouldn’t but I can’t say foe sure

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#9

I have enough bags banked that I don’t mind rolling the dice on things every now and then lol.

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#11

If I stopped growing right now I would last a couple of years before getting worried about supply

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#12

I’m not that far either :joy:

@Mjcalifornia
We seem to have been growing for about the same amount of time.. :joy::joy:
I’ve been growing in the tent for about a year now. Before that, only amateur attempts without knowledge

Regards

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#13

For sure, we’re right on pace with each other. This run I’m going with the “less is more” route to see if I can get some monster colas!

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#14

For me, it’s currently more like “as many pots as fit.” And “let’s see what the lamps can do.”

After that, it gets a bit clearer :joy:

Regards

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#16

120x60x180cm

7 in different pot sizes,
And different stages.
The first ones will come out soon, then they will be spread out a bit.

12l fabric pot.
16l fabric pot
15l plastic pot
20l fabric pot.

2x Mars hydro ts 1000

Large tray that fits exactly, I water with Manu Pot :joy:

Every few days 8-9 l into the tray. Everything that’s needed goes in, physics does the rest.

:joy:

Next flowering, however, there will only be 5 pots.

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#17

Damn, that’s awesome. I think that is the same size tent I run which is a 2’x4’x6’ here in the US. I might have to experiment with this. It’s pretty much SOG by the sounds of it

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#18

Tent of green :joy:
I have a net but haven’t used it yet. Next run or the one after, I’ll use it.
:kissing_face:

Responder ↗
BamBam

#19

Soon I’m afraid I’m going to have to enter my tent with a chair and a whip I cannot control their height growth. I have done several high stress training I have tied them down I have done everything but beat the hell out of them and still yet they seem to be growing 4 in a night which I know is pretty much impossible but just feels that way. I’m afraid I’m going to have to turn them over into the flowering stage sooner than I had counted on. But the fear in the back of my mind with this experimentation of this soil I will have too much nitrogen carrying over into my flowering stage disrupting the buds

Responder ↗
jhonRambow

#20

The good thing is that you have them indoors, and if it reaches its size earlier than expected, it would be fantastic!! You’d shorten your timeline :wink: I don’t see where the problem is? If growth is fast, the work—pruning, staking, along with training—has to be just as fast so the phases don’t overwhelm you. Although, as I said at the beginning, indoors you should be in control :wink: and flip them to the next phase to keep going, always keeping in mind the flowering stretch capacity of your exact strain…

Greetings and the best of luck with your grows

Responder ↗
jhonRambow

#21

But if your plants reach their desired vigor earlier than expected, it’s not a problem!!! It’s a very beneficial early harvest for the grower… shortening timelines, what growers want most, shortening production times !!!

Now, if you are one of those who enjoy taking more weeks than usual !!! Observing your crops. Great!

I reward fast times, you can never predict the estimated time… if you use techniques where your crop accelerates its timing in the growth phase, it’s something fantastic, you need fewer weeks to reach its desired height.

A big greeting to all the bright-eyed people :people_hugging:

Responder ↗
BamBam

#22

At the time I was trying to achieve a balance between the tents in the environmental stages of growth. I believe I have gotten to the point I have got the most I can gain from my areas. You were very correct on your suggestion on the rigorous topping and low stress training. At the time I was starting into my flowering stage and I was worried about the stress but I had no choice at the time. What I have learned from this challenge is to flip my lights at a lower height. I am now flipping at about a one foot height I realize that sounds like a No-No. I have also learned to control the root growth. Very dead center of my tents I now grow in 5 gallon grow bags surrounding no growth bags I have 16 7 gallon bags. In my smaller 5x5 is pretty much done the same way but less on the 7 gallon surrounding bags I just have to cut top in low stress all I can before they get into flowering. I have some funky looking stems but they are about as as two fingers on the center main stem and it is twisted. I have not changed my soil recipe I now have some thriving full canopy plants that has large healthy buds and really very few popcorn buds. Thank you for replying to my post I appreciate it very much

Responder ↗

Responder