So, I stumbled across an article that explained that cannabis doesn’t have THC, it has THCA which is converted to THC when heated to a high enough temperature. This happens through a chemical reaction called Decarboxylation. Burning it in a doobie or bong or pipe certainly heats it up enough but it destroys a large percentage of the TCH. To avoid that loss you need to heat it up in some type of controlled oven. This converts all the THCA in the herb, you lose none and inhale more. The article detailed several methods.
This led me to the discovery of dry herb vaping, and I will never go back to pipes. It’s not harsh, improves the flavor by a lot, I get a bit higher and the high is a bit more mellow. Plus I’m not inhaling any ash or toxins.
There’s an older thread about two years ago where a few folks did not get the same results, so YMMV should you try it. I’m curious to know of your experience, if you’ve tried it.
