Duda con sabor, olores y thc

115 respostas · 475 visualizações

3xt3nd3d

#29

Sure, friend, it might interest you to put certain plants, condiments, or things in the compost, although I told you before so you could see that it’s not the same in the sense that I have almost 100 different ingredients; if a plant touches my compost, it dies, it’s for another aggressive function to awaken genes, not to feed it, take a good look, it’s very interesting.

Responder ↗
3xt3nd3d

#30




Today, luckily, I was able to walk through a park/sanctuary for native birds, I found everything, so I’m very happy. In addition to herbs, trees, bushes, hedges, reeds, moss, collecting at least a little of each plant/tree and even fruits, seeds, empty snail shells, etc.
I was able to collect soil and substrate samples from under the mulch from many different areas of the park where each of those plants naturally composted over the years, such as living forest soil, soil from abandoned anthills, etc., etc., etc. This will provide me with an enormous amount of microorganisms and new matter, bark from various trees already composted, etc. There must already be more than 120 plant ingredients.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#31

I found a list of cannabis terpenes here, with their flavors, the plants that produce them, and their effects.

  1. Myrcene = Earthy, Nutmeg, Herbal

Occurrence: Mango, Hops, Lemongrass, Thyme

Effect: relaxing, calming, sedating

  1. Limonene = Citrus, Fresh, Fruity

Occurrence: Lemons, Oranges, Grapefruit, Juniper

Effect: mood-enhancing, stress-reducing, anti-anxiety

  1. Caryophyllene = Spicy, Peppery, Woody

Occurrence: Black Pepper, Clove, Cinnamon, Basil

Effect: anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, anxiolytic

  1. Pinene = Pine, Resinous, Fresh

Occurrence: Pine trees, Rosemary, Dill, Parsley

Effect: awakening, concentrating, anti-inflammatory

  1. Linalool = Floral, Lavender, Sweet

Occurrence: Lavender, Coriander, Birch, Bay

Effect: calming, sleep-promoting, antispasmodic

  1. Humulene = Earthy, Woody, Hoppy

Occurrence: Hops, Coriander, Black Pepper

Effect: appetite-suppressing, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial

  1. Bisabolol = Floral, Gentle, Sweetish

Occurrence: Chamomile, Candela tree, Lavender

Effect: anti-inflammatory, skin-soothing, antibacterial

  1. Terpinolene = Herbal, Fresh, Sweet

Occurrence: Lilac, Apple, Cumin, Teatree

Effect: mood-enhancing, antioxidant, antimicrobial

  1. Ocimene = Sweet, Floral, Citrus

Occurrence: Orchids, Parsley, Basil

Effect: energizing, stress-relieving, antibacterial

  1. Nerolidol = Floral, Rosy, Woody

Occurrence: Roses, Teatree, Ginger

Effect: calming, antioxidant, skin-caring

Responder ↗
3xt3nd3d

#32

Wow, you’re awesome @herr_gruen that will help me a lot, I have to check them all and see what can help achieve or increase them, that info is truly incredible, I didn’t even know half of the most common ones.
Our friend @ICHOPZZ3 also composts, though like you for fertilizing. I read that pinene and limonene manage to increase the aroma of varieties with these aromas, because compost from plants that produce limonene makes the plant believe it is surrounded by pines, etc., and it copies or increases the smell, I don’t remember, but it said that’s where marijuana got those smells, from the environment.
You could try a variety high in those terpenes and compost with a lot of concentrated plants that contain pinene or limonene, which are easy to get, right?
Also, I remembered a modern documentary I saw a year or more ago about something similar but in corn crops and pests. It turns out that, contrary to marijuana, depending on which pest was devouring them, they emitted a fragrance that attracted other predatory insects to eat the pests, and they obviously demonstrated it in the documentary, it was very, very good, it was on YouTube.
So many things come to mind to try, the idea of composting plants with similar concentrated terpenes and avoiding others, to maximize them, I imagine that in any wild environment where landrace strains grew, the terpenes would always be the same, from the plant that dominates the region the most, like pine forests. Perhaps mixing several in the substrate would be counterproductive because none would dominate?

Responder ↗
ICHOPZZ3

#33

I planted these tobacco plants a couple of years ago with the intention of using them as a mulch. I did an open pollination with the MAC V2 strain which had a hint of tobacco smell to them at least I thought they did at the time. I just haven’t gotten around to it. Too busy growing other things. I was wondering how many plants do you think you’ll have to run to find these recessive genes? I like flavorful weed. The seeds I grow from Night Owl Seeds never disappoint. I have a seedling that I’m growing the Banana OG F4 auto and I’m following along in their discord and other growers are saying that they’re getting cucumber and banana terpes from theirs. I know I would like a cucumber lime flavor. I have a few landrace strains that I purchased but haven’t popped them yet. I got them from MSNL Seeds.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#34

I’ve been thinking for a while about how I can still influence terpene formation now. Since I am on flowering day 36 today, planting companion plants is no longer an option. Seeds would take too long to grow, and introducing an already grown plant would damage the roots of the cannabis plant, which would be rather counterproductive at this stage. If you look at the list of companion plants that would be an option, mint catches my eye. Plants also communicate via scents, which are called olfactory signals. Now I’m considering cutting a few branches from a mint plant and placing them in a water container that then goes into the tent. This way, the mint would emit its scent, which the other plants would perceive and thus should react to the signals. I will look around in the coming days and get some mint for a test. For the next cultivation, I will try to get seeds of chamomile, yarrow, and/or mint; everything grows near me.

Responder ↗
Crackadoo

#35

The root system on a mint plant is very strong and can choke things in a pot with it in my experience so watch carefully for anything like that happening

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#36

Good point, but I only put them in a water container. It’s only about the scents they emit.

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#37

Wouldn’t a few lavender branches, maybe rosemary, also be an option? They smell great too :slight_smile:

Or cloves?

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#38

I’m not sure about that, some plants communicate via scents, others via roots. I was in the forest earlier, wanted to collect blueberries, but there aren’t really any right now. Probably due to the dry weather at the beginning of the year. Instead, I found this

fresh mint. So, into a glass with water and nicely placed next to the Green Gelato.

This strain is supposed to have something with mint terpenes crossed into it. While doing that, I immediately zoomed in on a bud with my phone.

Later I’ll unpack the microscope :microscope: and examine it more closely, it didn’t look bad at first.

Responder ↗
3xt3nd3d

#39

I want to wait to know how your plants react to mint, I also read the same thing, they react to smells, and they even imitate them. What I don’t know is if it should be from seed so that the plant already adapts to the environment, or during flowering. We’ll have to keep trying. I imagine that in flower, insects work better since it’s the only “fast” action the plant has to react quickly. I would really like to know how that turns out.

Responder ↗
ICHOPZZ3

#40

I picked these seeds up on Amazon for companion plants and also for mulching and teas. I also have two types of mint in my yard. One is much stronger than the other. I also have an organic mint oil which I use to add to water and spray if I see any signs of rodents. I can spray some on my tent floor, but the strain I’m growing is the Banana Brawler on day 10 of flower and I never grew it before, so how would I be able to tell if the scent has any effect.

I also have these essential oils that are supposed to be all natural I can put some on a cotton ball and place it in the pot.

I currently have the Dutch Clover in the pots as a companion plant since early veg and I was thinking about adding some oyster mushrooms to the pots since the canopy is so dense. I picked up one of those Back To The Roots mushroom kits.

Responder ↗
ICHOPZZ3

#41

I put the Frankincense on a Q-tip in one and the Myrrh in the other all I need to do is add a gold chain and I can call it the gift of the 3 kings.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#42

That’s absolutely awesome. But with gold prices, that’s going to be some very luxurious weed you’re cultivating there.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#43

I am also very curious to see how they react to that. If the mint gets roots, I will then plant it in the garden for the next grows. I need to check on the plants now, before I had only put the glass of mint in the tent. This morning I was picking cherries and have now made jam. My new phone just arrived, and I’ve quickly set it up. It has a much better camera, I’m excited about the pictures.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#44

The camera is great

this is from the Green Gelato where I added the mint. Today is bloom day 36, I’m curious if it reacts to the mint.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#46

If you mean the Green Gelato then yes, it is from Royal Queen Seeds.

Responder ↗
3xt3nd3d

#47

What a great post we’re creating experimenting together, thanks for joining guys and sharing.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#48

I found something here that describes how terpenes and flavonoids interact and how we then perceive it.

Responder ↗

Responder