You should look at the trichomes on the flowers with a magnifying glass or a microscope before you harvest. For a Sativa high, it would be 10% amber, 10% clear, and the rest milky. From 20 - 30% amber, you’ll get an Indica high.
First time indoor growing, in Flower mode
37 respostas · 335 visualizações
I have a hard time seeing even with my magnifier regarding how soon to harvest. I just can’t get a good look. I took pictures of what I perceive as closest to ready to least (of course they uploaded backwards except the first one…):
When I zoom in on the pictures a bit, they don’t look bad. I would say they still have another week. No amber is visible yet. On the sugar leaves, I still see clear trichomes; these usually turn brown first.
the closer ya get to plant maturity the harder it is to resist chopping early lol but ive done it many times myself with the thought still got 12 more to let mature so no wrong doing there really. but i will say that extra week given sometimes is needed and very noticeable at times but growing is all personal preference. some things are the foundation that we all have to follow but after that ya got freedom to grow it how ya please. and i agree with @herr_gruen i also zoom in and feel it could go a week longer but all in all your killing bud and i hope it smokes amazing
WELL!!! I’ve got progress notes LOL!
I took out one tree and dried it for 10 days: 77 degrees and 45-50% humidity. It’s in a jar right now and smells FABULOUS! I decided to do another one, pictures are up. However, the most awesome part is that the ones in the tent are freaking HEAVY! the limbs are leaning from the weight of the buds. They will be ready for drying in another week or MAYBE two themselves. This is SOOO fun!
The plants look great, I hope it tastes as good when smoked as it looks
hell yeah and hopefully its a great smoke. that other one is chonky asf well done and normally its a good sign if they toppling from heavy colas and some cases could mean weak stem but in your case definitely heavy colas from the looks of it and loving the fact we can feel your excitement through your post. well done and continue crushing it
WELL THEN! I finished harvesting all the batch from above, it’s all in jars…and there are a LOT of jars LOL! Each one has a large boost integra pack at 62%, although I plan on turning it into infused oil (that’s how I take it in for my physical pain other issues. GO ARMY!). I had my wife try some (Since she’s the one that smokes most of it…) and even before curing, she said it’s my best batch so far (She apparently died 3 times), which is odd because this is only my 3rd attempt in 4 years LMAO!
Still…I am starting again, and adding some other equipment. I’m gonna try this auto-watering system, adding a CO2 reservoir, and only doing 4 plants this time…all of which germinated in 3 days! YAY!!! Here we go again!!! Red is Permanent Marker, White is Godfather OG. Same lights, getting 1042 PPFD at the floor of the tent. temp is between 80-84 degrees and about 40% humidity and a low breeze with my fans. Medium is pure compost with worms still working in it, along with mycorrhizae watered into the material. Let’s find out how this goes! Again, all critique and advice is welcome.
Glad to hear your grow was so good. Good luck with your current grow, I’m excited to see how it goes this time.
Wanted to make sure you got eyes on this one as well! Thanks for all your words on the last season!
man im happy to hear the wife loves it and should make some good medicine for ya lol. your new run looks good and not bad environment at all really. one thing if able to raise humidity around 60% but if not no big deal they will power through seedling stage with minor issues at 40%. think mine is around 48% in room with my seedlings so im right there with ya lol. your medium sounds like it should work pretty well. worms are always good and depending on how rich it is in nutrients ya may not have to do much besides watering.
also thank you for your service bud
Thanks for that. I have the humidifier right there, I’ll turn it low to water the air. Also…I am leaving the lights on, should I give the sprouts a rest cycle? I was going to experiment doing 24 hr till they got some stature, then go to 18/6. Will that throw them off if I do that?
so i think your good leaving on 24 hrs at first but id say after like 2 week of sprouting start switching to like an 18/6 or 20/4. plants will grow under 24hrs but honestly they only take in so much daily light before they stop accepting it for the day so kinda waste of electricity and i also believe (just my belief) that a little rest really gives the energy to be productive the next day kinda like humans ya know? but yeah man many do 24 hrs i just prefer a little rest thats all
If that was your first indoor grow, you’re a natural. God bless ![]()
Well ALRIGHT!!! I appreciate the vote of confidence and will continue to exercise the consistent care I dad in my first run!
Ok! Well, I had a couple minor setbacks in the last week. One of my Permanent Marker didn’t make it, so I planted a new one. One of my Godfather OG didn’t make it, so I replaced her with a Wedding Cake, I had no more OG…sad panda! She’s also a bit stunted, so I’m keeping an eye on her as well. BUT…the other two are LOVING their digs. The CO2 booster is also working out great. I might be a helicopter gardener, but hey. I love this stuff!
Now on to the other issue: One of my jars of bud from the last harvest is VERY hard, even with the humidity packs in it. The others aren’t having any problem, they are just a little squishy and smell awesome. The harder ones also are holding their fruity and musky scent, but they’re just harder than the others. I thought it might be that I had too much in the jar, so I split it and put boost packs in them both, so I will see what happens in a week or so. Anyway, here’s the new girls!
hard dense nugs are what we all chase bud lol so ya did good. plenty of light intensity and the right amount of pk during flowering plus genetics obviously play a role in it but wont get those types of nugs with the right environment and nutrients so well done
It’s been a month, and I gotta say, this is still SOOOO FUN!
First, I have heard mixed reviews on an auto-watering system like Spider Farms. But for me, it’s a game changer! the fiber pots stay moist, and the plant on the right has roots poking out of the bottom of it! These girls are a month in, the one in the back is 2 weeks in as I lost another seedling to the critters in my compost…jerks. Lesson learned, start them in a safer environment before putting them into the good stuff LMAO! Anyway, they are on 80% light, 18 on, 6 off. Due to that, the temp inside is up to 83 degrees in the day, 78 at night, so still not bad. Humidity is 55 to 62 naturally, so ignore the humidifier in the back. Total water whores. I have refilled the reservoir twice in a month to this point. I will have an issue staggering the growth if I try to add another plant to the back left, so I will just let it go for now and do seedlings after this.
Looking amazing! You may have the start of a deficiency showing but I’m awful at diagnosing! @Smokey101 @BluntForceTrauma420 any thoughts?




























