Grow Erde und klinisch saubere Luftfeuchtigkeit

17 respostas · 34 visualizações

SmartPlants

#1

Good morning CannaFam,

I just finished my night shift and thought this is the perfect time to chat with you about good grow soil and clean, clinical humidity in the tent :star_struck::rofl:

So, as already mentioned, I haven’t been growing for that long. Currently on my 7th grow run. Since then I’ve tried 5 different growing media and I would only recommend 1 single grow soil when it comes to NOT bringing any pests into the tent.

Since I started using this soil, I haven’t had 1 single pest in the tent. Nothing flies, nothing crawls. Of course, good air circulation is key, but this soil has been a game changer for me so far.

The soil is already supplied with nutrients to the point where you only need to start fertilizing after about 1 month. For me, that’s really cool and I love learning how to properly supply a plant with nutrients before I try an All Mix or Living Soil in the future.

Here are a few details about it :oncoming_fist:t3:

In addition, thanks to this great community, thanks to @KilliczGe I put the product Purolyt in my humidifier and since then I feel like I have clinically clean conditions in the tent like never before :folded_hands:t3:

I’m very excited about this current grow run. I feel like I’ve never had so much control over everything happening in the life stage of my plants :heart:

Have a great start to your day
And
Happy Growing CannaFam

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#2

Thanks, but that was probably someone else
who recommended that to you :joy::face_blowing_a_kiss:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#4

I don’t even have one of those vaporizers :joy::victory_hand:t3::face_blowing_a_kiss:
But good stuff. Chemically flawless

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#5

@Pflanzenpaul works with Pyrolit.

This is my soil, haven’t had a single bug in the tent for 3 years now. 100 liters of it cost 35 €. In case you’re ever looking for a clean All Mix

Responder ↗
Pincopalino.1

#6

hi
google -predatory mites for cannabis soil-
then you don’t need all that chemical stuff …
you can still use that in extreme cases ..and it doesn’t matter what medium you use…
:innocent:

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#7

@Pincopalino.1
Predatory mites eat pests !
Unfortunately no harmful fungal spores.
Purolyt does not belong in the soil against pests, but keeps the air in the tent a bit cleaner, because it destroys fungal spores in the air.
That’s how smart plant presented it too with his humidifier.
But also right to tackle pests better with natural predators like predatory mites.
Here is an explanation of
Purolyt
The effect in detail !

Main focus (fungi & spores):
The active ingredient hypochlorous acid (HOCl) destroys the cell walls of fungi and their spores mechanically-oxidatively. It is extremely effective in fighting and preventing powdery/downy mildew, gray mold (Botrytis), and root rot (Pythium).

Indirect effect on pests:
Purolyt cannot kill pests directly. But since it destroys fungal spores in the tent and in the irrigation water, it allows you to grow the plants at a higher humidity (VPD climate control). This humid climate makes it harder for pests like spider mites to reproduce, while beneficials like predatory mites are promoted. In addition, the application strengthens the plant’s immune system

So a game changer as well !
Best regards from Paule

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#9

Paule, thank you very much for clearing things up in your charming way :blush:
And for the Purolyt :folded_hands:t3:

I grow purely organic and wouldn’t put anything chemical into the soil :folded_hands:t3::blush:


@herr_gruen
All Mix suggestion saved and backed up. I’ll definitely give that a try.

A few questions about it: Do you only have to make minor nutrient corrections during the grow and otherwise water with pH-neutral water?
That would be awesome in combination with some kind of auto-watering system then.

Warm regards to all

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#10

My undersized fan handles that :joy: and sheer willpower

That’s why it’s also slightly too warm at the moment. Oh well. There are worse things

But, the tent is in the living space, so the outside humidity is often the humidity in the tent as well. I manage somehow :victory_hand:t3::joy:

When it’s too dry. I water, and the fabric pots then increase the humidity.
No idea :joy:

Edit:

I really barely have any tech controlling things.
Fans, single-speed.
Exhaust, two-speed.
Carbon filter, analog :joy:
Lights, rotary knob.

That’s already enough fuss for me :thinking:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#11

I think that is super soil, living soil

As far as I know, an all mix is a pre-fertilized mix that initially has everything, for a few weeks.
Depending on that, if you grow directly in it, you’ll have to start feeding earlier

If you transplant, I think it lasts about 3-6 weeks? You’ll have to check product-specifically.

Double edit:

It even says so on the label

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#12

That’s again really impressive. You manage magnificent grows, and that without precise control. Sure, when you water you get humidity and can dial it down, but when it’s too dry, I think an automatic response via humidifier is brilliant. I grow according to VPD values in the kPa range and follow guidelines from seedling to bloom :oncoming_fist:t3:

And he writes max 2 adjustable levels :rofl::folded_hands:t3: You’re awesome.

In my setup, everything is dimmable and adjustable. The only thing I have to combat now in autumn heading into winter is making sure it doesn’t get toooooo humid, since my tent is in the storage room where there’s no climate control. There is a window for fresh air though. So my light cycle runs at night and it’s dark in there during the day

Warm regards

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#14

Ever thought about those dehumidifier boxes with granules? They lower the humidity at least a bit. :victory_hand:t3:

Putting one in the room can help a little. I go straight for the 1.2 kg bags. Not the small square ones for the car :joy:

I have one or two of those standing around in the room as well, it was a must because of my previous apartment, it was so humid.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#15

I water with regulated water until they show deficiencies, from then on I fertilize. Normally lasts up to 6 weeks, essentially the vegetative phase. I even start my seedlings in it, some tolerate it better than others, but so far they have all made it through.

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#16

Yeah, and for the simplest setup, without all the bells and whistles, KilliczGe produces some pretty decent plants.
When I started out around 4 years ago, it was also kept very simple with a 2-speed exhaust thing without a humidifier or dehumidifier.
Right at the beginning of the plant stage, you can keep the humidity high using a dome on the soil, over the seedling.
That keeps the moisture underneath very high, and later on with more foliage in the space, they create enormously high humidity themselves through transpiration.
Depending on the situation, you then have to defoliate to adjust the humidity back down. Just a constant back-and-forth.
And today something happened to me that I had never experienced like this before .
On the way to the car, I actually lost my joint and had to quickly roll one on the way. Good to always have something in your pocket.
On the way back home, my wife actually found the joint tube with its contents again. Right in front of the curb, opposite the parked car.
Alright then, and now cleared for consumption.
Have a nice day, everyone

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#17

Yes, thank you very much. :blush:
I’ll take that as a compliment

And exactly, it depends. Auto or photoperiodic, there is more or less defoliation.

It’s worked so far, never change a running system.
Or so you’d think :blush:

But awesome that you got the joint back after all :joy:
Enjoy it

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#18

Yeah right, with the joint - you don’t see something like that every day.
Especially that it didn’t fall into the wrong hands. You never know.
It would have mostly been a shame about the conical sleeve. There’s enough weed, so that doesn’t hurt.
I’m puffing on it right now :joy:

Responder ↗

Responder