Introduction!

7 respostas · 68 visualizações

ChangleMcGangle

#1

Hi all, you can call me Changle.

Excited to finally join the Grow With Jane community!

My grow journey started way back when I was fifteen, trying to secret-grow bagseed inside a gutted speaker box in my bedroom using CFL bulbs. I spent years tinkering—upgrading to early-gen LED boards and even experimenting with a tiny 75W HPS—though I never quite made it across the finish line with a successful harvest back as a kid.

Life eventually brought me out to Colorado, where I dove headfirst into the industry. I started in dispensaries and eventually stepped into the garden, running a 1,500-plant cultivation facility for two years. I’m dropping a few photos below of some of the flower from those days!

Lately, my focus has completely shifted to living soil and organic growing. There’s nothing quite like building a true soil ecosystem, and I’m finally getting to apply everything I’ve learned over the years to a smaller, more intentional setup.

I’m logging my current indoor grow tent run here on the app, so feel free to check out the log and follow along, I hope to be posting with more detail once my seedlings really kick off! Looking forward to connecting with fellow growers, sharing insights, and learning from everyone here. I’ll be doing a write up on my soil and process tomorrow, stay tuned if you’re interested

Happy growing! :herb:

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#3

Welcome to the community @ChangleMcGangle . That was a very interesting introduction from you. I’m excited to see what else you have to share.

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#4

Welcome @ChangleMcGangle

It’s great when you achieve your dreams and goals as an adult :+1:t3:
The photos look great. How big and beautiful the whole room looks :heart_eyes:. Looking forward to more and eagerly watching your grow progress

Happy Grow

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#6

Welcome to the family! You’ve got some great pictures there. Can’t wait to see what else you produce. Living soil is my favorite way I’ve found to grow, never changing it up again. It’s such a simple and laid back way of growing.

Responder ↗
ChangleMcGangle

#7

That’s really what attracted me to it and frankly, the financial savings once your soil biome is established. I have spring water on my property and collect rainwater and it really is as simple as that. Cup or so of water daily to keep the soil microbes thriving, a bit more in flower and that’s really it. Theoretically you can even get away without top dressing, though I don’t like to go that route.

And what you end up with for your minimal effort is some of the cleanest, terpiest, tastiest flower for smoking or washing. At scale I understand the benefits of hydro but for personal grows, seems like a ton of stress.

Responder ↗
BunkerAriel

#8

Welcome to the community, Changle! What a tremendous journey and what a luxury to have someone with your experience around here. Running a 1,500-plant facility in Colorado gives you incredible technical background to deeply understand plant physiology.

The photos of those buds speak for themselves: impeccable density, incredible resin coverage, and beautiful color profiles.

Your transition from commercial scale and hydroponics to Living Soil and organic growing for personal consumption is super interesting. You’re absolutely right: once the soil microbiome is established and balanced with good water (like that spring/rainwater you use), you forget about the stress of constant measurements and the plant rewards you with terpene profiles impossible to match with synthetic salts.

I’ll be looking forward to that write-up on your soil mix and process! Best wishes and happy growing. :call_me_hand:

Responder ↗

Responder