Out from the back burner:
The three smaller ones are Blueberry OGs and the S2 Punch Pie. It looks like this will grow full term like the S1 did. Far as I could tell, nothing was lost in potency. This S2, if it does go full term, should be an interesting smoke. Might end the myth of seeds from seeded bud being useless.
I am trying something different with this plant (and the BOG next to it) and that is strategic defoliation. If you look at the profile of the whole plant, you can see that by slowing the growth of the main cola, the secondaries stretch and catch up to the main, which evens out the canopy.
I hope this pic of the underside illustrates my point:
To illustrate what I did, I documented the same process with the BOG on the right.
Before:
After:
By clipping off the two fan leaves close to the top, it retards the growth from that point upwards and allow more light to reach the secondaries, forcing them to stretch up. Anyway, that’s my theory.
This should be an interesting end run for 2021. I have a new lineup for the coming new year; Bruce Banner #3, Gorilla Glue #4, Do Si Dos, Big Bud and Northern Storm. They should keep me occupied for the upcomg years.
Cheers and happy growing.