I’m worried that it’s 6 Celsius in the dead of winter and that the plant could be damaged.
Again, I would like to have her in the office…
28 respostas · 206 visualizações
I’m worried that it’s 6 Celsius in the dead of winter and that the plant could be damaged.
Again, I would like to have her in the office…
I used to have my ducting running out the window through a plastic cover type of thing from a portable air conditioner. It’s just a strip of plastic with a hole cut for the ducting and it keeps wind and rain and stuff from coming in from the open window. That worked well for me but it could depend on your situation.
Unfortunately ground floor. I don’t think my insurance company really thinks that’s cool when someone breaks in.
There is locks that go in the window track so it can be fixed in place. With a curtain it looks like an ac unit coming from the window and its securely locked. Other than that you could try running the exhaust out the door instead if you don’t have to be discreet about it at home.
How does it behave in winter, doesn’t that make it colder in the room?
Do you always let the exhaust air run?
Do I actually have to carry the exhaust air from the tent out of the room outside? What happens when it stays in the room? mold? bad air quality?
It’s more about temperature control, the exhaust will be warmer than the room temp and eventually it warms the room up. If you can keep a door open to give some fresh air it wouldn’t be a problem and could even work to your advantage in winter.
Humidity can build up a bit too without air exchange of some kind
This is all very unsatisfactory.
I would have to heat the basement because it is too cold.
But that consumes a lot of electricity.
As I read it.
In the office, the door is always open and even has ventilation slots at the bottom.
Because it’s not very pleasant from the window.
But in Germany, I can’t find any supplier that sells window attachments that are not made of fabric.
If the door of the office is open that much you could put the tent in there without any problems
Office in winter and basement in summer maybe if it’s cooler still at that time.
That would of course be a good idea.
Always run exhaust air?
pulsating how would you do that?
Maybe put one or two heating mats in the tent?
I also grow in the basement and in winter I had a heating pipe.
Now I’ve insulated my tent from the outside ![]()

5cm wall facade insulation board.
Behind the tent and on the sides.
Raised so it doesn’t stand directly on the concrete.
That’s how I have it currently.
Winter is just starting here. But I will keep my heating mats ready.
Ventilation runs permanently
Ok thanks for the inspiration.
means I have to build
If it works, it’s cheaper than heating ![]()
Otherwise, the only other thing that comes to mind is what I was once advised.
Is your light source definitely an LED?
I was told that while sodium vapor lamps are a bit more expensive in terms of consumption, they are quite cheap to purchase. AND they practically warm your tent for free.
Just another thought
Led yes.
Now you can put me on the stake, I have E27 bulbs
I don’t condemn anyone ![]()
I also started like that ![]()


Sodium vapor lamp and ballast are similar in construction
like E27
Just take a look if that’s something for you
Lights off there wouldn’t be heat