Opinions on espoma soil

8 respostas · 40 visualizações

Cr0w

#1

Im planning on doing an outdoor grow of 00 ace seeds( blueberry auto) and was thinking of using the espoma organic all purpose potting mix for it and was just wondering if people had experience with it/ nutrients needed to be added to it

Growlog link: [paste your link here]

If you don’t have a growlog please answer these questions.
What strain are you growing? Is it Auto, Fem or Reg?
Are you growing Indoor or outdoor?
Are you using nutrients? Which ones? How much?

Responder ↗
520grower

#2

I’m using this soil and I really like it for my first time growing. If you don’t compact the soil when you’re potting or transplanting then you’ll get a lot of run off and easy drainage which is what I always try to aim for whenever I’m watering. I’m using different kinds of nutrients right now but what’s worked out for me so far is fox farm grow big and big bloom. My plants respond very well to the nutrients after it’s been ph’d correctly, which is something you have to do pretty often if you’re going to use this soil. Other than that, it’s great but I think I’ll be moving on from it with my next grow or whenever I finish this bag of soil I just bought. Here’s some of my plants for performance reference

Responder ↗
Cr0w

#3

Thanks for the feedback yea i was looking at fow farms too, what was the ph of the soil and did you use to get the ph balanced, qn acidfier or akaline?, i work at a hardware store so i get like a bag of espoma for like $5 so its nice on the budget haha

Responder ↗
520grower

#4

No problem, espoma is a very budget friendly soil, you’re lucky to get it cheaper because Amazon charges way too much for it. I’m not too sure if it’s an alkaline or acidic medium but I know you can do tests to see what it is. I just Ph the water every-time before I water or feed the plants. I keep it around 6.30-6.80.

Responder ↗
Cr0w

#5

Thank so much! This is gonna be my first grow so i wanna make sure i get as much advice i can, since i read auto flowers can be alittle unforgiving

Responder ↗
520grower

#6

Yeah autoflowers need a lot of TLC or else you’re gonna be waiting out a long ass time for it to recover. I just bought some autoflower seeds for my next growth so hopefully they don’t give me too many problems. I can definitely say that espoma is a bit of a pain in the ass when you’re giving those seedlings water. The soil retains moisture so well that it can really fuck up and stunt a plant at a young age. That’s happened to me a couple of times using this soil. I recommend that after germination you stick it in a 3 gal pot instead of using the solo cup method, that shit does not work.

Responder ↗
Cr0w

#7

Yea i was planning on putting it into a 3 gal, or straight i to its 10 for a final, since i just dont wanna risk transplant shock, but im going to have them in an outdoor green house just to help protect against the random weather i get from being on an island on the east coast.

Responder ↗
520grower

#8

I haven’t experienced transplanting issues with this soil and that’s probably what makes it easier to use honestly. Either way if you stick them in the 3 or 10 then you should be good if you’re not over watering them. This soil is also really good with fluctuating weather. I live on the west coast in the middle of the desert and my tent can get up to 95 degrees and the soil still keeps up with it. Probably shouldn’t let my temp get that high but it’s the conditions I’m given with my setup. Good luck growing man, post any doubts you might have on the app and you’ll get great feedback and even better results.

Responder ↗
Cr0w

#9

Yea ill keep ya updated i also joined a grow discord to also disciss the topic ive always been interested i think the plants are so beautiful

Responder ↗

Responder