Question about Flushing

6 respostas · 118 visualizações

Benredder

#1

I’m about ready to start flushing my plants for harvest, but I’ve seen different things from different sources, some say 2 weeks, some say 2 days before harvest.

When is the proper time to start flushing my plants before harvest?

Responder ↗
Scubashawn1183

#5

The length of flushing depends a lot on the media that you are using, hydro for instance can get away with only a few days of flushing as you can easily remove the nutrients from water by replacing it with fresh.

Soil and other medias are a bit longer. When I grew my first round in soil, I flushed it for 2 weeks just to make sure it was as good as can be.

Responder ↗
Benredder

#6

Ok I’ll definitely follow your lead and do 2 weeks. This is my first grow so I’m just waiting for the trichomes to turn.

Responder ↗
frogyrogy

#2

Last study I read said 0 days for best flavor and smoke quality. I always did 7-10 days when I grew in soil, now I feed all the way, just dial it back at the end.

Responder ↗
Rolling_Stoned

#3

I like this question.

I have 6 plants on the go…I will use one as a test and will not flush it. I will feed up until the last week and then water once a couple days before harvest and then let the plant dry out before harvest.

Sound good? Any input is welcome.

Sorry, Benredder, I know that doesn’t help you out right now. But, hopefully, we can all gain some knowledge on this subject.

Responder ↗
frogyrogy

#4

Here’s a link to the study I was referring to if anyone interested:

Responder ↗
Rolling_Stoned

#7

Can’t thank you enough for that link!!

Such an amazing and informative study.

Cheers!

Responder ↗

Responder