How has the final product been for you? They’ve been great to me so far just curious how the quality of the finished buds are. There are so many different places so I’m wondering whether to stick with them or try others
Royal Queen seeds
33 respostas · 313 visualizações
I always have success with germination and the plants are very good
Thanks for the input. I’ll try to remember to post an update once I harvest this batch. I have a critical, bubble Kush auto, watermelon auto, and quick one auto in seedling stage right now
Which critical are you running? I’ve run critical kush, critical 2.0, and critical XXL. All were a great strain to grow and smoke.
Just the freebie critical. I did just get a 5 pack of the critical auto too. Just prepping my soil for my next batch of 6 plants in 10 gallon pots and realized it’s a lot more soil than I thought. Wanted to do half and half ffof and miracle grow but it’s gonna be more like 2/3 miracle grow. Oh well, my first grow was in the cheapest possible dirt (don’t think it even qualifies as soil
) so this mixture will be a million times better. Also added some pumice and perlite to the soil. Super excited for my second grow as I learned a lot on my first. My first grow I was scared to really do anything but now realizing these plants are tough and resilient so not scared to experiment now!
I did my first grow in miracle grow. It’s honestly not the best but I still got decent results. They were good enough to make me want to see what advanced nutrients sensi grow and sensi bloom could do. That success turned me into an organic grower. Now I feed the soil and water the plant. It’s definitely a fun journey trying new things and seeing the results. Can’t wait to see how you make out!
What do you add to the soil? I’m obviously a beginner but would love to do organic. I did the fox farms dirty dozen my first grow but after reading up on it realized it wasn’t the best chemical wise. This grow I plan on using Strive which seems a lot better on that front
This run I am using Build-a-soil’s craft blend, build a bloom and build a flower. I also amended with some worm castings and compost I make. The base I am using is by coast of Maine. For some boosters I have imo 1 and 2, fermented plant juice and fermented fruit juice, which are from the KNF method of farming. I will also use some teas throughout the grow as well.
Damn, that’s intense
. I’m going to start reading up on that for my future grows. I love the challenge and plan to try something new and tinker with all my grows moving forward. Wish I would’ve started growing a long time ago as it seems like you could grow 100 years and still have tons to learn!
Just ordered a compost bin so I can start learning that part of the process and will start using that next grow!
That’s awesome! What kind did you get? I had a 40 something gallon tumbler when I started. Now I have 3 piles/mounds in my yard. I also started worms in a closet from uncle Jim’s worms. They have a starter kit that literally could be on a counter and you wouldn’t notice.
All the knf stuff is amazingly simple as is the Jadam method. It’s just dirt cheap diy microbes and fertilizer to over simplify it. The IMO 1&2 were the hardest, and I use the term hardest while laughing. It took me 2 attempts to find the right location to set up my outdoor collection. That was the hard part ![]()
![]()
.
You could definitely grow your entire life trying a different variation every grow and probably barely scratch the surface for ways to do it. I can’t wait to try hydro and the many methods it has as well. But I think I’ll always have at least 1 organic soil grow. It’s such a fun way to try.
Edit: sorry for the long replies. I get a little excited ![]()
Lol no worries, I love learning and talking about this stuff as well. I just got a cheap plastic on to start and see how it goes. I have a nice little garden I’ve been building over time so I think the composting makes a ton of sense. I’m excited to add this as my next layer for my grows, and hope it helps out. I’ll look up those methods too. For the earthworms, do you put them live into the soil or compost or both?
I started in a small shoebox size plastic tote with 250 worms in coco coir. I now have 3 large Rubbermaid totes with well over 10k worms. I bury my food scraps with a little pulverized egg shells and sand. Then every 6 months I harvest half of the casting/coco to make teas with or to add directly to soil mixes. The harvesting I dump the whole bin onto a tarp or drop cloth under a bright light. The worms will want to bury themselves so just keep scraping the top layer off and scoop it into a 5 gallon bucket or similar. Super simple and another way to use up produce as it goes bad.
Thanks for the info! It’s insane how complex everything that goes into growing is but I think that’s why I truly enjoy it even as a non smoker. I’m trying to convince my cousin to grow and offered him a seedling and he was intimidated with just the little bit of knowledge that I have but I told him that he could start with just good soil and simply water it and learn from there. Can’t wait to really learn all this and get some killer harvests. I’m harvesting my first ever batch of 3 plants within the next week or so and am going to have a “harvest party”. Probably 4 or 5 people and we’ll trim, smoke, drink, and bbq. Really looking forward to that and want to make it a tradition at every harvest I do. Especially since I’m not a smoker (I will take a hit occasionally) so I will be gifting and sharing my grows
That’s the best kind of party imo
. Tons of helping hands and lots of memories made with good people! Can’t wait to see your results.
I’ll post some pics if I remember ![]()
At least im not the only one who hosts a trimming party lol. I used to pull somewhere around 20lb a year outdoor and there was no way i was doing that solo
Damn, what a beautiful plant! What strain is that? And why not have a harvest party! Any excuse to bbq and drink some beers is golden in my book! ![]()
Northern lights auto.
All i did was bend them over once and used pipe cleaners to anchor for some light lst

