Solo cup grow off for 2025

278 respostas · 2453 visualizações

First-timer

#52

I so wanna attempt this but kinda skeptical due to the fact all of yall are monster growers compared to me…

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#53

I’m a newer grower too and that’s the beauty of the challenge. The best grower can have the worst results since it’s a tough grow! Worst case scenario your plant dies and you lost a seed. That’s the way I look at it!

Responder ↗
First-timer

#54

Ehh so true i have a few options just not sure which to choose from

Responder ↗
Cliff_36

#55

Losing a seed is not the big deal, especially with your still awesome starter kit. The dying plant is worse. But I don’t think that will happen. This weed almost always grows somehow, sometimes as a thin stalk, sometimes as a tree. :rofl:
I think that’s exactly what makes it so appealing to us newbies, or at least I think that you can compete directly with experienced gardeners. I’m super excited,
:v:Cliff

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#56

I’m not worried about losing a seed, I was just saying that’s the only downside and most of us have enough seeds for the apocalypse :rofl:

Responder ↗
Mjcalifornia

#57

I would pick the one that you’re least stoked about. I’d save the better ones for full grows

Responder ↗
ItsOzzie

#58

Dont be wasting your best seeds for this. Even if the plant turns out great. The yields will be low. Save the seeds you are really interested in for a full run.

Responder ↗
First-timer

#60

Ill attempt it
Barney farms
Watermelon zkittlez auto
70-75 harvest

Responder ↗
First-timer

#61

So i kinda fabricated a grow area for the challenge can yall let me kno if its ok or not

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#63

Only upgrade I’d suggest would be better lighting. There are cheap lights that you can use for seedlings after this grow. There are cheap ones on Amazon for $50+.

Responder ↗
First-timer

#64

Gotcha hell i threw it together with stuff from around the house is was a old dresser

Responder ↗
Eli

#65

Hello Growers! Are you ready for the Solo Cup Grow Off 2025???

I am here to make the rules clear before we start, on Monday, which are this:

● Autoflower plants from seed only. (just let us know strain, breeder, days till harvest)
● Plants must be grown in a 16 FL OZ/ 473ml cup
● You may repot but must not exceed the cup size limit.
● Roots must be kept within the cup. You cannot place the cup on another grow medium allowing roots to use the extra space.
● TBD will be the day you can first soak or plant your seeds.
● Duration of the contest will be roughly 90 days (up to 04/06/2025). This may change depending on the days of harvest people enter.
● Prizes will be given to the biggest harvest in terms of weight. It is a wet weight of buds only, so people have an even playing field.
● Growers must post 1 progress update per week in this thread to stay in competition. This would ideally consist of a few pictures from different angles at least one with a tape measure to show size.
● You can use any growing medium you choose and any nutrition style so long as it’s done inside the solo cup.
● You may use up to 2 cups at once, one containing the grow and one to hold runoff or extra water.
● Solo cups may be modified to allow drainage and air exchange but do not have to be.
● Have fun and use this to learn from your own mistakes and those others share as well.
● Winners will be announced on April 20th.

GWJ will gift the winner with a full-year PRO subscription.

Do we agree?

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#66

I told everyone we’d start on Sunday the 5th.id like to keep that unless you’re set for Monday and everyone is OK with that.

Responder ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#71

I just looked at my notes for this grow and I did say autos or photos. So just make sure you are able to harvest in 75 to 85 days

Responder ↗
First-timer

#72

So my next question would be being that at midnight its technically the 5th could i start the process at 12:01

Responder ↗

Responder