Picture? 
Unknown strain
24 respostas · 760 visualizações
I thought my growlog was visible, sorry.
Here is the link
I’ll post some pics when lights are on later.
Welcome @Fly4663. Looking good, happy growing!
Had some issue thats been getting worse, i figured its nitrogen toxicity due to a top soil layer i added a few weeks back where the soils packaging gives a warning against its use with nitrogen sensitive plants.
I removed the top soil layer this evening and replaced it with the usual soil mix I’ve been using gave some water and am now hoping for the best.
It doesn’t seem to have slowed down the bud production thus far, a good thing.
Gave a heavy watering last night. Today the leaves are starting to straighten from their clawed leaves. I have been letting the pots dry too much causing salt build up, to make matters worse I added a nitrogen rich top soil layer and caused the nitrogen toxicity issue I’ve been dealing with.
Thought I would add some pics of my grow space, very small 0.8x0.8x1.8m tent, humidity is a bit tough to control with what I have.
Lights are about 18cm from the tops. I get readings between 20k-35k lux used my phone app.
The unknown strain dominates taking about 70% of the space under the light. The other plants have to make due with living on the outskirts.
Another watering tonight. Did some minor defoliation. Starting to form visible trichomes the last week.
Ok, its now 102 days since the seed sprouted. Gave another watering, the leaves curled tips aren’t as bad anymore but is still present.
The other two plants in the tent are a bit further ahead, will probably be harvesting those in the next week or two. All of the grow space will then be dedicated to this unknown strain, which i expect to go another two weeks longer than the others.
I’ll post some pics tomorrow. Just wanted to document that I discovered my soil ph was at 3, very acidic. Noticed brown spots mostly showing on the curled leaves and with some research decided to check the soil ph for the first time. Gave a miniature watering with some ph up to hopefully buffer the soil till I can get my hands on some Lime. Soil ph was at 5 directly after watering, bit better but still an issue to address. This could be related to the appearance of the curled leaves in the first place.
I still have a few weeks to go and is really a concern now, I hope I’m doing the right thing here…
Funny enough the other plants soil ph was reading okay at between 6-7 using the same water.
Humidity has been a constant issue during this grow and as I’m nearing the end I need to be more vigilant as i have found the beginnings of mildew on the other plants.
Ive made the following changes, Cut the affected areas, discarding the bad buds and spaced out the plants for more airflow around the plants. The exhaust fan is now running permanently. I’ve decided to stop watering the other plants and will harvest those soon. To get them out of the equation to concentrate on this plant.
The RH is now sitting at a much better 62-69.
Since its winter here I’m concerned over the low temps, so far the lowest reading I’ve had in the tent is 18deg C.
There seems to have been a bit of a recovery the last two days since making the changes. Hope it all ends well.
Its now 121 days from seed and 67 days into flower.
I don’t think i mentioned my lighting schedule during veg. l used a 12/2 lighting schedule, 12 hours on, 5 hours off, 2 hours on, 5 off.
This was to aid in keeping the stretch to a minimum after switching to flower. I was really afraid of having unmanageable plants in the space i have, this being my first grow it worked, a bit too well.
I should have vegged longer to get a bigger plant, the stretch was minimal. I now know better for next time round.
Anyway, the other plants were harvested on Monday. Just jarred them for curing, not much to speak of, but glad they are now out of the way.
The calyxes are now starting to swell up indicating it probably won’t be too long before its ready to be harvested.
I really wish I knew which strain this is from Ace🧐
Thanks for trying @Ratch33
I wish… that strain looks dangerous.
Thats an odd light cycle. Im not sure confusing the plant with on and off is a good thing.
I agree, glad it worked out, but its the 12 hoirs of darkness that makess the plant flower, not the amount of light on. Thays why when i flip to flower i do 24 hoirs of darkness aftwr transplanting to redice stress and shock and into my 12/12. If ypu are worried aboit space, you should be topping during veg. Cannabis is a tree so approach it like you would be trimming a hedge tree or controlling a rose bush.
Yes i agree with the fact that it is the length of the night period that induces flowering, I interrupted the dark period with additional hours of light to keep the plants from flowering.
This is not mainstream but definitely is used as a cultivation technique, Night-interruption lighting.
The main reason I went for this light schedule during veg was curiousity, based on the research i did on the subject. When switching to flowering cycle 12/12 and no prior extended dark period, the plants started pushing out pistals after 2-3 days, an almost instant response. Based on the experience I’ve now had during this grow I think that this method is better suited to growing true sativas that really stretches during flowering, if you want to limit the stretch.
I sprouted a Jack Herer seed a week ago and will do the usual 18 hour light cycle once I can pop it in the tent as a comparison.
Its now 132 days and 12th week of flower. Nearing the end now. Found a bud with some mold and removed it, will have to check daily.


































