New grow, focusing on 1 rather than 7...Pink Portal OG

18 replies · 169 views

TwistedGreens

#3

Plan on going as long as she can while still staying within the limits of my tent… Just got tired of the overcrowding and I know it was hampering my yield and quality… Just trying something new

Reply ↗
Andy_420

#4

I think your plan is good. I switched to that myself. Many plants, many needs.
One plant, full focus on this one plant.

I kept my Granita in veg for about 51 days from germination with intensive training and she fills my 80x80 tent quite well.

Can also currently be seen in my Growlog.

Did you put your lady in the big pot right from the start?

Reply ↗
SmartPlants

#6

Good luck and happy growing, nice start and project

I read this with interest because I have 4 different ones in a small space and will take ‘less is more’ to heart next time

Greetings to you :oncoming_fist:t3:

Reply ↗
TwistedGreens

#7

Yeah my last run I had seven in a 4x4 and it was a nightmare

Reply ↗
jhonRambow

#9

Having that garden with native soil, why not prepare a small space strategically chosen. And grow directly in the ground.

With a rototiller and a good substrate, perlite, and well-treated animal manure. And you make an exquisite mix for massive yields!! And if you’re worried about the size :thinking:? Maybe you’d be interested in 1 single strain, well trained so it doesn’t grow too much upwards :index_pointing_up: :wink:.

Reply ↗
TwistedGreens

#10

That will be the plan for the next run outside, these are from clones of my indoor plants and I was just seeing how they would do outside… I’ll be taking your advice on the soil thank you

Reply ↗
jhonRambow

#11

Awesome! Great decision, you won’t regret it… you will get harvests of great educational value. You will draw many conclusions and very positive experiences to keep acquiring knowledge.

Don’t forget to apply microbial Trichodermas to the soil mix to guarantee good micro-life and avoid any scares mid-grow. In native soil, certain deadly fungi like Fusarium, etc. are more common… Best of luck for next season :wink:

Reply ↗
TwistedGreens

#13

I’ve always topped after the 4th or 5th node, trying something new

Reply ↗
SmartPlants

#16

Oh yeah, nice photo, now you can see it well and the training already looks great at this height :+1:t3:

Reply ↗
TwistedGreens

#17

Found a bright green caterpillar on my indoor plant, first time dealing with this any suggestions? There doesn’t seem to be any damage on any of the leaves and I can’t see any eggs under the leaves… Thank you in advance

Reply ↗
Mjcalifornia

#18

Toss that bitch and keep an eye on it. You can always get an organic pest spray and apply liberally since you’re still in veg!

Reply ↗
TwistedGreens

#19

Thank you yeah I haven’t been keeping an eye on it and I haven’t seen anything yet… I think the little fella rode on my arm into my tent from outside because I was trimming right before it… Got lucky this time I think

Reply ↗

Reply