2nd grow. LFG

34 antworten · 319 aufrufe

SteveCastro

#9

Anything to help a fellow grower! GDP was to her left, and then Chocolope in the back left corner. They actually filled out more than that. I yielded 3 1/2 oz. from the Runtz.

Antworten ↗
slow.motion

#10

I know.your feeling. Heat messed with 2 of my plants too.
Northern light auto from rqs they was ok. Not one problem


But im ready for the next one. I will kung fu chop that heat wave! :joy::joy:

Antworten ↗
Graywave

#11

@SJ1 I’m used to LFG meaning looking for guild, what was your intended meaning? Lol

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#12

kek!

let’s ahem go bro!

How’s yours doing? Honestly I feel so much better equipped now I can already tell how much better this run is going to be.

All 4 have now popped so I think I have found my germination method, had really good results with this method the last time too. 2 popped yesterday after only 48hrs, a record for me.

Antworten ↗
ItsOzzie

#13

I remember my first run. I only had a heat controller. Only 1 plant survived from seed through harvest out of 4 plants… it was a purple kush auto that survived, got about 20 grams. Literally just put the plants in 5gallen pots and didn’t do anything but water only. Lol. The humidity was a mess. I do not know how it didnt get bud rot. There was times it was so foggy in there with my humidifier pumping out. And then some times it would run out of water for many hours.

Im currently running same purple kush auto i ran on my first run. Will be harvesting this weekend hopefully. Gave it some organic nutrition this time, with a custom earthbox. With an added humidity controller. The results are much better.

Lood luck on your run. Hope it turns out great.

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#14

Hahaha that is hilarious, I never heard of anyone having a foggy tent before… awesome. First time I ever grew back in the day we just stuck a seed in a pot and put it in the shower, no light, nothing just watered it from time to time. Literally no idea what we were doing either haha.

Great to hear you got things dialled in now, and cheers for the wishes :facepunch:

Antworten ↗
Graywave

#15

Glad to hear your new grow is going well @SJ1

Had trouble over here, 3 of my seedlings died. Very sad, problem is I’m not 100% on why they died, Temps humidity and watering seemed on point. I may have added too much of a mycorrhizae+trichoderma supplement to the water I gave them. Could be a couple other things but it’s hard to narrow down. I ran out of jiffy pellets so I germinated 2 more seeds in Ocean Forest soil, a Northern Lights and a Purple Haze and they’re both seedlings now looking healthy. I wanted between 4-6 plants this grow so my plan is to veg those two seedlings then take cuttings and root them. It’s a learning experience no matter what now lol. I’m officially out of seeds so I’m hoping it all goes well :v:

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#16

oh that sucks, sorry to hear that.

i always had issues doing the recommended ways of using paper towels and jiffy pods. Killed 5/6 seeds this way, although overwatering was the main issue I still feel the stress of moving the seeds when they are “newborn” is not worth the effort at all. for example although all the seeds formed a taproot, after planting only about half actually went on to break ground. so they obviously did not like being handled. the ones that did damped off shortly after. interesting that the ones you planted direct are doing well

would be good to know if anyone has done a side by side grow of differing germination techniques, would be interesting to see the results.

i just don’t see the point in adding a layer of stress and potential damage to them right when they are at their most delicate. i would much rather be woken up to breakfast in bed than a bucket of ice water lol. terrible analogy but you get the point.

without seeing them its hard to say what happened… maybe make a post and you can get some advice… I also have a spare bubblegum xxl auto seed if you want me to send it to you just let me know. If you plan on vegging the others for more than 9-10 weeks could be fun to run alongside.

Antworten ↗
Graywave

#17

Yeah I agree with you, I haven’t tried the paper towel method for that reason. If there’s a chance I can f*ck something up, I will maybe several times. Sounds expensive so I’ll stick to methods I know I’m less likely to mess up lol. To compare germination techniques side by side you’d need a really big sample size of seeds I think to get definitive proof, maybe someone’s done it already. Would be interesting. That’s cool of you to offer but I haven’t got the money for postage at the moment

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#18

oh i wasn’t gonna ask for postage haha, was just an offer. but spain to the US woudl probably take forever so maybe you can hit up your local growshop for some freebies. mine usually gives me a couple here and there, they are literally marked on the pack as freebies that they get from certain breeders. just a thought.

did a quick search on germination studies, there are lots done by agricultural firms. they get crazy tbh with chemicals and temps and processes but the main takeaway I saw was that “Since both water and air are essential components for germination, therefore both proved to improve the efficacy of germination.”

I also found this interesting - “improvement in efficiency of germination simultaneously improved the phenolic content. Therefore, optimization of germination condition of legumes improves its antioxidant capacity.” Better germination = healthier plants?

Not found a similar study for MJ yet though look at this How to Professionally Germinate Cannabis Seeds: Award-Winning Seed Breeder’s Step by Step Instructions — Ed Rosenthal - they even say in the article that “Your seedlings will need some time to recover from the transplant”.

I would defo fuck that up haha. But interesting they sterilize and soak in a nutrient solution. Maybe you picked up a bug of some sort if everything else was on point ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#19

Day 10 from breaking ground, approaching week 1 of veg.

Had an issue with algae this week - even though I am hyperaware of overwatering I still overdid it lmao. You really do need to keep the soil almost bone dry, especially if you run high RH, which I had at 75%. So I dialled it back to 70% and laid off the watering to 50ml every 3-4 days instead of 2 and it’s cleared up.

Was also hitting 85-86F in the tent so dropped the power on the lamp and moved it closer which took off about 5 degrees whilst still maintaining the light intensity.

Still watering with plain water and a touch of calmag, ph 6.3. Thinking of starting nutes as of next week, how long do y’all wait on giving (organic) nutes to autos?


Antworten ↗
SJ1

#21

Basically just the direct method mate with a shorter soak, til they sink.

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#25

yeah no worries, yeah let me know how you get on with it. interested to hear more about the h2o2 and epsom salts thing, what does this bring to the party?

presumably the h2o2 is to sterilise the water? what’s the epsom for?

Antworten ↗
Icirazy22

#26

I heard magnesium and seeds love it better info on google.

Antworten ↗
SJ1

#28

Short update. I harvested this grow and all are now curing. Got about 2oz per plant give or take which is decent but most of the bud was a little airy and lacking density, and overall I am just not that impressed with the quality, both flavor and strength.

Interestingly, my grow was way more dialled in this time, with very little stress. Environment was pretty much constant at 80F, and RH kept within vpd ideal zones. So a better grow than my first run but worse quality bud. That’s gotta point to the genetics…

It’s like autos are like “diluted” versions of photos. Great for speed, not so much if you want primo buds. Was a great experiment, glad I tried it but I want top shelf smoke not grade B.

So back to photos for me. 3rd grow coming up lol.

Antworten ↗

Antworten