A cloning pictorial

29 antworten · 707 aufrufe

cannabliss

#5

Thanks. I just added some additonal observations in case anyone tries this method.

Antworten ↗
BranxT84

#6

Thanks for the tutorial :+1:
I took my first clones yesterday, starting them in just water because I belive it usually takes a bit longer and that is actually good for me right now :stopwatch::yum:
I think I’ll let them be for a week or two, then transfer in coco when (and if) some roots have established :slightly_smiling_face:
Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, considering how young the mother is :crossed_fingers::grimacing:


Antworten ↗
cannabliss

#7

Good of you to try cloning. It’s quite easy. But I have to say I’ve never had a clone grow roots in plain water. I’ve read about it done but have yet to see a pic. I have kept cuttings in water in the fridge. The longest I’ve managed to keep them alive and viable was 3 weeks. Good luck.

Antworten ↗
Deanirishgrower

#8

@canagen cheers for that pictorial, really appreciate it, Iv got some really good clones to give my mate, but that’s really good to see, even though I have been doing it without the clone gel, but with them dipped in aspirin,
Well cheers again,

Antworten ↗
Deanirishgrower

#9

@BranxT84 lovely job on the mainlining, do you need to let 4 to 5 node’s grow before cutting down to the two bottom colas,?
Going to try one my next grow :+1:

Antworten ↗
BranxT84

#10

Thanks @Deanirishgrower :blush: I waited for it to have 6 nodes, with the 7th growth coming at the top. Then I topped over the 3rd node and kept only that one. It can be done earlier, but it is advised to have at least 5-6 nodes first. Some places say 2 months, but I got limited space and need to keep it low. Could have done it earlier, but then I wouldn’t get any clones :seedling::seedling::seedling:
Transplanted it into a final 3 gal yesterday, so I could really need a bigger tent for blooming.
And for now, 6 out of my 7 clones are alive and rooting :grin:
Here is my growlog for the clones, even if it is very incomplete :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Antworten ↗
BranxT84

#11

For mainlining, search up Mainlining by Nugbucket. There are both good instructions and several good film tutorials on the web and youtube :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
By the way, how are your clones getting on these days @canagen ? They were looking lovely when you posted, 17 days ago :heart::seedling::blush:

Antworten ↗
cannabliss

#12

Glad you’re doing well with cloning. Nothing really mysterious or hard about it. As for the clone in the pictorial, she has been transplanted into a 7G and is doing well idling under the 10w floodlight in the closet.

All this will change in the next few days as I have ordered a TSW2000 for the tent. I had previously added another TS1000 but found the power lacking even with 2 in the tent, hence the upgrade. But they will work great as veg lights for my 3x5 closet.

Antworten ↗
Kuma649

#13

Good post @canagen going to give this deep water cloning machine a try and see how it works anyone try these yet?

Just put in the cloning machine

Next day leaves are standing up looks good so far

Antworten ↗
Kuma649

#14

After 12 days still a couple that have no roots on them next time I think I will try a rooting gel before I put them in i just used straight water this time

Antworten ↗
Kuma649

#16

It worked better that i thought it would going to leave it another day or 2 then put them in some soil and small pots there for outdoors to plant around may 24 to june1st. Got some friends waiting for a few these to put outdoors

Antworten ↗
Kuma649

#17

Round 2 tried a little bit of rooting gel this time see if it’s any faster

Antworten ↗
Deanirishgrower

#18

Wow @Kuma649, Iv never entertained the idea of cloning because I Figg to much waiting and nothing, Iv had great Clones from last grows, but you just put yours into plain water! :sweat_drops::+1:Well they have more roots nearly than you see on a seed 12 days after, so by the way you have been doing it, if you add clone rooting gel wow, can’t imagine the growth you will have, well done mate :v:

Antworten ↗
Kuma649

#19

@Deanirishgrower Well just thought instead of trimming the plants up and tossing them in the garbage i thought i would try to root some of them worked out ok now i can give my friends some to plant outdoors

Antworten ↗
NicoZ

#21

It looks great, first time cloning? I’d definitely use the rooting gel, it worked for me every time, it helps a lot. Keep it up.

Antworten ↗

Antworten