Anyone else have a special guest in their tent? (Companion Plants)

40 antworten · 526 aufrufe

Vanillabean

#10

Are you talking about strawberry seeds? If so, they can take up to 6 weeks to sprout. They are very slow growing plants.

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#11

I remember being a little kid at my grandmas house. Id go down to the garden and pick a nice fresh bell pepper, wipe it off, and eat it right there! Cucumbers are just the best vegetable ever!

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#12

Hi @Graywave, I am new to growing Strawberries, but in my research, they like 10-10-10 fertilizer. I have 5-4-5 cannabis fertilizer, but decided not to use it, in favour of using 10-10-10 concentration. I feed every 4 weeks (as per package) or sooner, if it rains all through the night, since some of the fertilizer would have been flushed out.

C-I-L 10-10-10

Strawberries are thirsty plants so, I keep an eye on them and I water when dry.

All Cannabis Foliar sprays should be good for Strawberries, but don’t spray the Berries/fruit.

Antworten ↗
Fatmanicus

#13

Im wanting to, i just keep losing time for it. Got seeds of herbs, spices and companion plants, all just waiting for my hand to grow.

Eventually I plan to have anything I need to cook, eat or heal growing along side each other in my basement. But thats gonna take a long while.

Saw someone around these parts with a mushroom growing and that was super cool, id go with certain mushrooms growing with my cannabis lol for science purposes of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#14

Mushrooms are very easy to start and they grow like wild fire!

Antworten ↗
0987654321

#15

I keep sundews in terrariums with my various house and ‘other’ plants.

I have a worm farm and needed the tiny flying pest control and quickly found I can put one next to all of my plants and in the kitchen.

My house stays bug free with these. Just gotta use distilled water or rain water for them.

Happy Grows everyone

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#17

Absolutely love it! Thank you, I will be following suite I think. I love learning new things!! Many thanks.

Antworten ↗
0987654321

#18

Etsy has cool terrariums….

If you can’t source plants near you, look up California Carnivores

I have gotten great plants from them.

If you decide to do a worm farm, look up Uncle Jim’s Red Wigglers. He has tons of information on worms and other organic grow ideas

Carnivorous plants love rain; get you a good continuous mister; I like the one from Ace, .5 gal.

Love my bug eating plants, mainly because I live off fresh fruit a lot and the bugs……

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#19

We have such a bad fruit fly problem right now. We had a bag of compost waste that we forgot about in our kitchen…

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#21

I hear warm apple cider vinegar and dish soap makes a good trap. If not, im gonna buy one of those bug-a-salt guns!

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#22

It does, I bought a bunch of Apple Cider Vinegar and dish soap, and I tried it… only once though, since the smell made me want to :face_vomiting: I opted for using the Yellow Sticky Traps. They work wonders.

TIP: I ended up buying the Large pack of yellow sticky traps and then just cut them up into smaller sizes. It was way cheaper than buying the pack with small strips and the plastic holders (I have so many of those now).

Also, I was battling with a fungus gnat infestation for months.. they only went away after adding a bit of Hydr-ox to my water/nutrients. It is a formulae of Hydrogen peroxide. It killed the gnat larvae and the adult gnats that were in the soil after 2 feedings with it. My run off was full of the adults and the larvae (not moving like they normally do).
https://greenplanetnutrients.ca/product/greenplanet-nutrients-hydr-ox/

Antworten ↗
Vanillabean

#23

Im buying a few traps just in case! I hate those little bastards! As SOON as a beer gets opened, they know exactly where its at! So far we havent had any issues woth pests in out tent (knock on wood), but at least we now know how to handle them if we encounter that!

Antworten ↗
0987654321

#24

For immediate relief from fruit flies, take a small sandwich baggie, snip off one corner. Take a small glass or jelly jar and fit the bag over the top with the snipped corner in the bottom and the baggie opening over the top of the glass. Then pour in a tablespoon or so of beer.

The flies will go for the beer and with the corner being snipped so they can get to the beer (the hole should not be submerged in beer) they can get to the beer but not out again. Small hole.

Set it near where you are sitting like a citronella candle on the patio.

A rubber band can hold the baggie in place.

Works well, just dump out when done. A glass with the bottom covered in about a millimeter of beer works great.

Have fun.

Antworten ↗
0987654321

#27

You follow directions well! :joy:

As a warning, they will smell bad if left too long on a humid warm day.

Enjoy your beer :beer:

Antworten ↗
Rasta_Free-Man

#29

My Strawberry plants staring to fruit nicely




I also got some Blueberry plants

Antworten ↗

Antworten