When i used the tent i exhausted every few hours but now in the room i had it hanging with a rotating fan in room and would just open the door every hour or so. I tend to go in the room a lot during lights on so id like to believe im doing okay with air exchange.
How old is your guys plant ? send a pic or comment
14651 antworten · 75755 aufrufe
I used to just have my exhaust kick on for 5 minutes every 2 hours to exchange the air and that worked well unless it was getting hot. Adding the controller actually made it harder to maintain the ppm because of temp triggers and stuff but that can be programmed around if necessary too.
Iâve honestly kept my exhaust schedule as is because my tent tends to stay a bit on the hot side. I guess I can see if thereâs room for adjustment. Lights off itâs pretty solid tho so think Iâm good there
In veg I guess itâs a lot easier but I was already into flower when I put the bag in so didnât have much leeway on it
Co2 allows you to run hotter temps I believe
Even in flower? My tent doesnât get too hot, maybe low 80âs so if so I just need to keep under 60 rh right?
That would really allow me to keep my exhaust fan running at a minimum
While it does help a lot with higher temps you also have to balance it with stronger feeds and light than normal or the plants canât make the most of it. Also even though the plants arenât as bothered by the temps you will still lose terps if its getting too hot
I believe that you want the humidity below 60 for flower but donât quote me on it. Iâm assuming just as mold prevention youâd have to
@Mjcalifornia basically what everybody said is how i feel about the co2 as well. It allows hotter temps but risk of trichome loss in flower but last grow flower temps were about 77-80f and i probably did lose some profile but nothing i could notice being a home grower and it also allows you to run your light a little closer/stronger and feed a little harder. For me i still focus vpd more than anything except flowering stage i still try to get lower temps but after ya play around a little bit im sure youll find something that is working for ya
Thanks yall. Iâm pretty happy so far and will just keep messing with it until I figure it out. Love the conversations tho because people bring up shit I never even thought of
I think I have my system worked out. It has been smooth sailing. I have run into some bunk old seeds.
It is way easier than top feeding and the plants that I am harvesting are bringing way bigger harvests.
I wish I would have known about overgrow, that forum has a lot of information about Octopots. Some people on there have been using Octopots for a decade. There are also people on YouTube that share info as well.
Most people are using promix and jacks 321. I would have had an easier time if I followed that formula. I had already started with Coco Loco and Fox Farm nutes. I also use urea, potassium carbonate, triple super phosphorus, chelated iron,monosilicic acid and SLF 100 to keep the reservoir under control.
Good to hear. Iâm between those and the dwc setup but think Iâd be more comfortable with those octopots. Iâm putting it off for now but itâs definitely on my upgrade list!
Check out earth boxes. Itâs like hydro mixed with the ease of soil
Iâll take a look, sounds like the octopot? What set up do you use blunt?
Those earth boxes are pretty cool actually, pretty similar concept
Iâm in 10 gallon grassroot pots they have a liner that helps retain moisture. When I run 5 gallons I have the ac infinity auto watering bases. Iâm looking into tray to grow or auto pots. Earth boxes have been on my radar but Iâm not sure about their footprint. I think I could fit 4 in my tent and I prefer to run 5 plants. The tray to grow is big too and each holds 2 plants in each making for 4 plants again. So for now Iâm buying blumats and their drip ring. Lol too many to choose from lol.
Way too much to choose from! The earth boxes seem like you could easily do 2 plants in 1, but Iâm not sure. I really like that concept tho but if itâs only 1 plant in each, theyâre too big for most tents
Jeremy from buildasoil has done 2 per earthbox
Iâll finish watching that episode later to see what he does. You could probably even put a divider in the soil to keep the roots separate