Looks good, the one thing I would switch is to have the controller outside the tent and just run the sensor probe to the inside. It just makes it easier to check parameters without opening up at all until you have the app all set up and programmed how you want.
Show your improvements to your grow setup
215 antworten · 2070 aufrufe
Thanks for the input! I want to run all the cords and power strip out the back as well
Hello, I would suggest that too. But also because it is a light source. This can lead to problems, especially with photoperiod plants.
Cliff
Great point, they’re autos, but I didn’t even think about that! Question, on the photone app, I pay to unlock the full spectrum led, right?
In my opinion the free version of the app is sufficient
In my Beta App there all Typs of Light included
Cliff
Welcome to America, where every dollar is siphoned out of your pocket! Unless you’re illegal, then you get everything free ![]()
But I would buy the led full spectrum one right?
In your Case yes😅
Thank you. Didn’t wanna buy the wrong one when it should be free ![]()
I would move the filter and fan to the outside. This will give more height for the light when plants stretch.
Would I just put the filter on the exhaust side for that? I thought about it but trying to keep it as clean as possible as I put the tent in our guest room against my wife’s wishes lol. But, as she forgets about it I can expand my operation ![]()
Are you running a silencer as well?
I haven’t ordered it yet, wanted to test the fan on its own. It’s actually really quiet level 5 and below and hasn’t even had to kick on yet as it’s maintained 75 degrees since i installed it
Okay without the silencer yes you would just attach the carbon filter to the outgoing end of the fan and have the ducting going inside the tent, I’ve resorted the placing the fan and filter on top of the tent to save floorspace and that works fine too. The other thing is you always want some level of air exchange happening, even if temps are fine try to keep the exhaust fan running at least at setting 1, later on if smell is a concern you will need the fan running 24/7 to create negative pressure in the tent which seals in the smell.
Thanks for the tip! So just always having it running on level 1 and then it can kick higher if needed?
While attaching the filter to the exhaust side of the fan removes odors, it will also reduce the overall life of the filter unless you gin up a pre-filter to help keep the dust and particles out.
Can I push or pull through the filter?
(You can both pull through the filter or push air through the filter. If you are going to push air through the filter it is recommended to take off the outer pre-filter and place the pre-filter prior to the air entering the carbon bed.
It is a good idea to replace the pre-filter when they become dirty. A dirty pre-filter increases the pressure drop, which will decrease the air flow through the filter. A clean pre-fi filter will also extend the life of your filter and cause it to be more effective.)
Unless you need it, I would do away with the flex duct and simply allow the exhaust end of the fan to pass through the tent port. Flex is high drag ducting and noisy unless it is stretched tight enough that it does not sag more than ½" per foot between support points.
Looks like you got the right answers and I don’t have anything to add except my experience. I run my fan and filter from the floor next to my tent and the ducting goes to the top vents/ports on the tent. My fan kicks on a few times each hour and I have no smell issues unless I open the tent. When I first started I thought I needed constant negative pressure. But that puts a strain on the fan motor so I changed my fan to react to humidity instead of temp and it kicks on for a few minutes at a time now. I also run with my two bottom vents open and don’t have big smell issues except in flower, but even then it’s contained to the room it’s in.
Thank you blunt! Can’t wait to get the hang of all this. Thankfully I’m a patient and realistic person so I’m prepared for an inevitable fuck up that I’ll have!

