Show your improvements to your grow setup

215 antworten · 2070 aufrufe

Mjcalifornia

#38

Thank you. Didn’t wanna buy the wrong one when it should be free :rofl:

Antworten ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#39

I would move the filter and fan to the outside. This will give more height for the light when plants stretch.

Antworten ↗
Mjcalifornia

#40

Would I just put the filter on the exhaust side for that? I thought about it but trying to keep it as clean as possible as I put the tent in our guest room against my wife’s wishes lol. But, as she forgets about it I can expand my operation :rofl:

Antworten ↗
Mjcalifornia

#42

I haven’t ordered it yet, wanted to test the fan on its own. It’s actually really quiet level 5 and below and hasn’t even had to kick on yet as it’s maintained 75 degrees since i installed it

Antworten ↗
Crackadoo

#43

Okay without the silencer yes you would just attach the carbon filter to the outgoing end of the fan and have the ducting going inside the tent, I’ve resorted the placing the fan and filter on top of the tent to save floorspace and that works fine too. The other thing is you always want some level of air exchange happening, even if temps are fine try to keep the exhaust fan running at least at setting 1, later on if smell is a concern you will need the fan running 24/7 to create negative pressure in the tent which seals in the smell.

Antworten ↗
Mjcalifornia

#44

Thanks for the tip! So just always having it running on level 1 and then it can kick higher if needed?

Antworten ↗
frogyrogy

#45

While attaching the filter to the exhaust side of the fan removes odors, it will also reduce the overall life of the filter unless you gin up a pre-filter to help keep the dust and particles out.

From Can-Filters website FAQ:

Can I push or pull through the filter?

(You can both pull through the filter or push air through the filter. If you are going to push air through the filter it is recommended to take off the outer pre-filter and place the pre-filter prior to the air entering the carbon bed.

It is a good idea to replace the pre-filter when they become dirty. A dirty pre-filter increases the pressure drop, which will decrease the air flow through the filter. A clean pre-fi filter will also extend the life of your filter and cause it to be more effective.)

Unless you need it, I would do away with the flex duct and simply allow the exhaust end of the fan to pass through the tent port. Flex is high drag ducting and noisy unless it is stretched tight enough that it does not sag more than ½" per foot between support points.

Antworten ↗
BluntForceTrauma420

#46

Looks like you got the right answers and I don’t have anything to add except my experience. I run my fan and filter from the floor next to my tent and the ducting goes to the top vents/ports on the tent. My fan kicks on a few times each hour and I have no smell issues unless I open the tent. When I first started I thought I needed constant negative pressure. But that puts a strain on the fan motor so I changed my fan to react to humidity instead of temp and it kicks on for a few minutes at a time now. I also run with my two bottom vents open and don’t have big smell issues except in flower, but even then it’s contained to the room it’s in.

Antworten ↗
Mjcalifornia

#47

Thank you blunt! Can’t wait to get the hang of all this. Thankfully I’m a patient and realistic person so I’m prepared for an inevitable fuck up that I’ll have!

Antworten ↗
Cliff_36

#48


I have added a fan to the tent’s air supply, which I hope will allow CO2 to be supplied from the outside air. The temperature and humidity will also be nicely regulated.

Antworten ↗
Jamon8

#49


Here is some of my new equipment in action.

Antworten ↗
Jamon8

#50




I took a big hit yesterday.
Upgraded to 200 amp service
New fuse box
20 amp dedicated circuit to my lung room
Outlet in my grow closet.
I have a hangover today, a money hang over.

Antworten ↗
Crackadoo

#51

Damn shits about to get serious around your place lol. I dream of the day where I can have a dedicated room and work in peace.

Antworten ↗
Cliff_36

#52

Hi, As an electrician from Germany, I am always fascinated by how electrical engineering is carried out in other countries. When I see a distribution like this, I am amazed at all the regulations here. I have converted a basement room into my little farm. Since I own the house I live in, conversions are not a problem. But there is still a lack of money.
:v:Cliff

Antworten ↗
Jamon8

#53

it had to be done. I was just getting estimates and they kept saying they could get insurance to pay for it. That’s when I knew it was serious. I had a lot of flickering and when 220 appliances like AC come on the light go out for a second. My grow room was on a 15 amp circuit that was shared by two other bedrooms. I am adding two 240 watt lights, controllers, co2 setups, and various other small equipment.

Antworten ↗
Mjcalifornia

#54

That’s an expensive upgrade! My last house was built in 1910 and I was not happy paying to upgrade the electrical!

Antworten ↗
ItsOzzie

#55

I added a 20A breaker to my box last month. So now i have its own dedicated 20A outlet for the grow area. Before i was sharing the power with my automatic garage door. Which honestly was fine since its also on a 20A. But. For only $100 to add into another… why not right. Now there is room to grow or expand if needed.

Antworten ↗

Antworten