Damn shits about to get serious around your place lol. I dream of the day where I can have a dedicated room and work in peace.
Show your improvements to your grow setup
215 antworten · 2070 aufrufe
Hi, As an electrician from Germany, I am always fascinated by how electrical engineering is carried out in other countries. When I see a distribution like this, I am amazed at all the regulations here. I have converted a basement room into my little farm. Since I own the house I live in, conversions are not a problem. But there is still a lack of money.
Cliff
it had to be done. I was just getting estimates and they kept saying they could get insurance to pay for it. That’s when I knew it was serious. I had a lot of flickering and when 220 appliances like AC come on the light go out for a second. My grow room was on a 15 amp circuit that was shared by two other bedrooms. I am adding two 240 watt lights, controllers, co2 setups, and various other small equipment.
That’s an expensive upgrade! My last house was built in 1910 and I was not happy paying to upgrade the electrical!
I added a 20A breaker to my box last month. So now i have its own dedicated 20A outlet for the grow area. Before i was sharing the power with my automatic garage door. Which honestly was fine since its also on a 20A. But. For only $100 to add into another… why not right. Now there is room to grow or expand if needed.
Hi Guys,
My entire basement is connected to a 16A fuse. I made a cable branch from a distribution box and then protected it with a 10A fuse. I use it to run two tents, each with 300 watt lighting and the usual things. It’s easy and worry-free. But God bless the 230V network in Europe. Power fluctuations and outages are almost non-existent here. And feedback from other devices is also impossible. But you’ve made me really curious about power distribution in the USA, just the low nominal voltage. It’s all very mysterious. It seems like the energy suppliers have the say in your case.
Cliff
You got that right. Look at the power head and the tiny wires coming from the pole.
I was tired of throttling the fan and the vent on top of my germination heat mat, so I bought this.
It’s relatively cheap on Amazon and works well. It clicks so if you want a silent controller this is not the one for you.
Went from autos in a shitty greenhouse to a 400whps and full setup. Veg plants in the cupboard and flower in a 3x3. Within 14 months
Feela for growing in the bedroom lol.
Whats the results like…?
AC Infnity has the quietest and the sturdiest inline fans for growing, 4-10” !!!
My new setup to keep the dry closet cooler. I bought an ice fan last harvest and returned it. it was just ice and a fan.
very good, that’s how I did it at the beginning with the SE3000, you can do that there too. I will only buy lamps where this is possible without scraping.
Cliff
I had to point something out. I have these two fans both produced by the same company. They both use ec motors. One is functional and compact and one is a bulky piece of junk.
The bulky fan is the AC infinity cloudray s6
The one tucked in the corner all bad ass is the Chinese fan I use and will be selling for way less than the 42.50 the fan goes for on Amazon. Both made by the same company
I will not sell it until I have had some longevity experience with it.
I grabbed the new ACI AI controller and 2 more fans. THE AI is working well. The first grow with this new controller is coming along. Only day 13 since the taproot broke soil, so not super big…but not dying either.
Beautiful setup!












