Any tips Making Cannabis extrats QWISO and Bubble Hash

58 respuestas · 504 visitas

Smokey101

#9

Ill have to look into that other technique your speaking of. Never heard of it but curious

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#10

Going to make another batch today. I took picture with my tablet, look more like finger paintings so I will use a legit camera this time. Plenty of sites have the process below is a link to a good one.

As for why my stuff is black green, I all that stuff and it’s still not bad to use. I think its mainly because ISO does breakdown chlorophyll which is what gives most extract the off putting taste and smell.

This time I going to measure the weighs used.

I use a fan to speedup the drying and from what I read using a fan or low heat is fine for the drying process either. I do fan dry my QWISO. I would have to speed up the drying of the bubble hash, too humid in my home.

I was thinking a counter top dehydrator would work good for that.

Responder ↗
SJ1

#11

Just be careful with the solvent if you are smoking it, you want to make sure it is properly purged with no remaining solvent at all.

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#12

It’s fairly easy to tell because the water is the last to dry. Some moisture is trapped in what I made but it seems to be mostly water going by how it react to flame. When mine dried I was left with hazy layer and pools of the black green resin. I combined it all which is what I’ve been smoking.

Going to try and do it right this next batch. Also going to trying a no agitation 4 minute batch, it should be chemical process.

The dangerous part is the evaporation but given the space and size of my batches it’s likely less than my brother on a bender based off the mrk I nose.

For smoking I got a terp slurp attachment, so it’s like vaping it. I’ve never use another dab rig so I can’t compare with those. You heat it up with torch and then add the extract, gives me crackhead vibes and hits you hard and fast. Way, way better than using normal bowl, IMO.

Responder ↗
SJ1

#13

Ahaha yeah I know the crackhead feeling lmao. I bought a rig, used it like 2x before the shame became to much to bear haha…

But because I like to smoke variety I ended up getting a rosin press I went with rosin as it is solvent free. But I did try smoking some RSO which is very similar to qwiso, I just didn’t like the flavor so I went with rosin for dabs.

For my next harvest I am thinking of making hash rosin, supposed to be super clean and tasty. If I had bubble bags I’d do fresh-frozen has rosin. But I just have a screen so will probably just go with dry sieve.

But I really want to make butane extracted hash oil (shatter) which is supposed to be the purest, most amazing flavor. On that note if you have a lot of residue left over that is from the impurities, when I watch people dab shatter there is literally nothing left in the bowl, it is that pure.

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#14

Rosin press is too much money for me right now. But that was on my mind too. I will still keep my best buds

RSO is decarbed right?

I’m a little confused with the names so shatter is the same thing as honey oil?

I’ve made honey oil with compressed butane before, the instruction for shatter I just read called for liquid butane.

I still messed this up but think it is the straining part. Those green spots will form pool of the dark green as it dries. They cloudy part is better stuff, less plant stuff. I put the filter on the mixing jar and drip strained. Next time I will put the filter in the strainer and just pour the liquid out quickly.

Responder ↗
SJ1

#15

yes, during the boiling process

basically yeah, I think shatter is when it is vacuum purged and it goes into like a glassy texture, brittle and transparent. Done with fresh grade A bud it gives the cleanest terp profile apparently.

Oh and yeah I looked up qwiso, it literally means quick wash iso lol so a long soak is not what you want, it will pull the chlorophyll.

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#16

I don’t think it’s chlorophyll though. If it is it’s been altered to where doesn’t taste or smell like it. I think it’s mostly sugars and plant stuffs. My understanding is isopropyl doesn’t breakdown chlorophyll well like Ethyl and will I say that my dried tincture do have that chlorophyll smell they are disgusting to consume and it’s hard to cover up. They are made with grain which is ethyl

I will put the scope on it’s when it’s dry. My fan drying is also moves that stuff around as dries. I didn’t get pools this time at least not yet. Here is what it looks like after about 5 hours 140 grams by weight of ISO and 20g of flower. I wont scrape it until sometime tomorrow. I think the revised straining method will clean that even up more.

Going to pickup a new scraper now so I don’t lose a finger over this.

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#17

Some pics
After scraping at room temp

Dry and ready to scrape, the hazy parts are matte while the dark spots are glossy in sheen. This was made with a 4 minute no agitation soak. The 30 second pull turn to dark seems far less potent, taste about the same. My tolerance is going up too I’m sure so take it with grain of salt for now.

Middle of week 6 of my current grow, I don’t have much under growth this time. Will still be a lot of trim but less small buds.

Responder ↗
SJ1

#18

Nice. Well good luck with the experiments, let us know when you find a good recipe/timing.

I had a look into it and the general gist is that the longer the soak, the more contaminants in the final product. I’ve seen people soak for as little as 10s, and they get a golden extract that can be made into shatter with some simple manipulation and a freezer. Really tempted to try it.

Responder ↗
Smokey101

#19

Was watching a strain hunters episode they went to india and was extracting the resin by rolling the buds in there hands then picking off the resin off and smoking it within minutes afterwards. Has anyone else seen,heard, or has done it this way before? Very interesting way but looked messy asf :rofl:

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#20

If you grow you should give it a try for sure. It’s to easy and cheap.

I did plenty of research too just not sure my finding agree completely and I’m not sure why. That is where a tester would come in real handy. At any rate even my ugly sticky smokes well and quite effective.

I think most of my issue is down to straining

Pour out into mesh strainer into coffee filter and allow the to gravity filter. Slow but I think that is the method for next batch, maybe tonight.

Oh my yields were not impressive 20grams of flower go me just of 2g of hashX.

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#21

That is called finger hash, almost used that for my handle and it gets everywhere if you are not careful.

Has too much chlorophyll for my taste but I end up with fair amount when I harvest even with a rough trim. It has a lot of plant materiel mixed in, I toss it with the gloves. It’s not worth it to me and when I harvest I’m doing what needs to be done it would likely be contaminated in some way. As it is I go through few sets gloves every harvest.

Responder ↗
SJ1

#23

Yeah man when they do it on a commercial scale they take that finger hash and process it into what is known as charas, it’s a really black, sticky hashish that’s been done that way for hundreds of years and smoked all across Asia and the Middle East.

Thankfully though we have improved our methods/hygiene in recent years haha. If you take kief or bubble hash and press it with heat, it will turn into a black, resinous hashish that with care will turn into a Temple Ball, which is far superior to charas. That’s what I did and then laid it down for a year to age, which gave it a richness and complexity that is as good as anything I have ever bought. Highly recommend.

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#24

Yep, I just have snobbish taste at this point and I’m not going to miss it. This stuff smokes like a very clean vape. It’s made from old Strawberry Cough and it’s lightly citrus not chemical like at all.

It’s not the same buzz as flower either, it’s not just stronger, to make it complete I take a hit or two of flower. It adds something not sure exactly what.

Responder ↗
SJ1

#25

This is so true. When I first had a dab I understood for the first time people who say they smoke weed for the creative, energetic effects.

It feels somehow cleaner, more uplifting, and less narcotic than when I smoke a joint.

Responder ↗
Smokey101

#26

Thats what the episode was about it was very interesting and now youve conviced me to just try it at least once :rofl:

Responder ↗
Slip

#27

Just leave your green extract in the sun in a glass jar for a few hours. Chlorophyll will dissappear and the green color becomes brown. Enjoy

Responder ↗
anon81552836

#28

I just smokes it, my precious! bads peoples wants to spoils it. They wants to gives to the sun gods

Responder ↗

Responder