Super random, but I love to cook and know this is a worldwide forum so wanted if anyone has a go to dish or recipe they’d like to share? I have a ton as I have 4 kids and live in California so too expensive to eat out often, but here’s one I’ve been doing for a while that’s always a hit:
-3-5 lb tri tip, freeze for an hour so it’s easy to slice
-slice as thin as possible against the grain
-marinate in big ziplock bag 1-24 hours in a teriyaki marinade. I do mine homemade with soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, black pepper, fresh diced green onion, etc
-skewer the slices of tri tip, folding in half or maybe even three for the bigger pieces. Essentially you end up with a couple big kebabs
-bbq on high, rotating the skewers as you go.
-once the outsides have a nice char, pull off and serve. The end pieces of the skewer are well done, middle of skewer medium rare so everyone can choose what they like
-can be served with sticky rice and charred veggies or mixed right in to your normal chicken and rib bbq spread
