Eigener Strain "Fat Gorilla"

98 respuestas · 984 visitas

herr_gruen

#83

Today I finally removed the brown leaves and accidentally tore off a small flower in the process. It’s now by the window for testing. Here are some pictures

Responder ↗
Smokey101

#84

beautiful photo’s. i cant wait till i hit flowering lol just got a Samsung s26 today and camera is amazing

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#85

I’m already looking forward to the pictures of your current grow

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#86

Today, flowering Day 70, the harvest window is open, only the lower buds still need a few days

The top already looks good, I saw some trichomes with the magnifier that were almost black, I’ve never had that before either. With the old plank floor here, I unfortunately can’t get good pictures with the microscope. Even with the stand I got, it’s enough if you breathe and everything gets blurry :face_with_symbols_on_mouth:.

IMG_20260715_173804

Maybe I can harvest on Sunday, but it might need a bit longer, I’ll see on the weekend.

Responder ↗
3xt3nd3d

#87

Those buds look great, full of trichome spaghetti hahaha, what does that strain taste like when smoked?

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#88

@3xt3nd3d I will only find that out after curing; the small bud I accidentally broke off was unfortunately not properly dry when I tested it. It was more of a grassy taste, quite mild but reminded me of industrial hemp, if you know what I mean. Over 20 years ago, I once discovered a field and took some with me to test. In terms of taste, it went in that direction; in terms of effect, it was already quite good, I’m curious to see what the final result looks like. Scent-wise, it’s heading towards lemon, sweet, slightly fruity with a somewhat skunky undertone. I hope I can harvest soon to finally try it.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#89

Here are the last pictures before harvest

now it’s hanging upside down, front right

I think in 10 days it goes into the Terp Lock bags for curing

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#90

Today was trimmed, unfortunately a bit too late. Due to the warm days, it dried out completely in a very short time. Two days ago, the shoots were like rubber, and today they broke right off when bending. Nevertheless, it’s 36.5 grams that I can crumble between my fingers.

Now, first smoke the scissor hash, finally I can test it :tada::fire::dashing_away::wink:

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#91

That’s really awesome, sounds super interesting and delicious. I’ll definitely check out your Growlog on that :ok_hand:t3:

Regards

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#93

Thanks, the curing will be done in a few days, then it will be tested. Smoke report to follow :wink:

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#94

Nice! How long do you cure for?

I’m looking forward to your tasting :oncoming_fist:

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#95

It varies, from the last harvest I still have two unopened Terp Lock bags. They have been untouched in storage for 8 months now. The bags from this harvest were then left to cure for two weeks. Normally, however, I let them cure for 4 weeks before I get to them. But since this time it’s a self-crossed strain and I’ve already waited about a year for it before cultivation, I CANNOT AND WILL NOT wait any longer to try it :joy:. I already tested the finger hash while trimming, and it blew me away. I haven’t been that stoned in a long time, but as for the taste, I’ll only know exactly how it turned out once I try the buds.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#96

Here’s the smoke report.

Taste: Vanilla, Chocolate, Cake, Earthy

Effect: Relaxing, Serene, Calming

Very mild smoke, very delicious in taste, and it doesn’t make you tired.

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#98

I’m still not sure, I’ve been planning for a while now to cross my Gorilla Sherbet with my Bubblegum Sherbet. It probably won’t be long until I create the next breed in the lab. Without plants in the tent, something feels missing somehow :joy::wink:

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#99

Hey Mr. Green :grin:

Wow, 8 months of curing work is amazing. That definitely has ultra Premium status then. I believe from 3 months it already has Premium quality!

He CANNOT AND WILL NOT wait any longer :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can totally understand that, patience is the top priority for us growers, but with my own strain, “patience” would also be very difficult for me :rofl::ok_hand:t3:

I also cure for at least 14 days. Usually, I test the first one then. As a rule, I wait at least 1 month before I start using it. When I had some in the curing jar for almost 3 months and then smoked it again, I was amazed that even though I knew the ‘vegetable’, it got better and better with longer curing.

GG Good Grow

Regards

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#100

Congratulations on the completion

Cool taste report :+1:t3: sounds incredibly delicious.

When will you make them available to interested parties :star_struck: ? Is there a plan?

And a question. Since it apparently doesn’t make you tired, is it more Sativa-dominant?

Regards

Responder ↗
herr_gruen

#101

The plan exists, and to be honest, it’s already in the works. I can’t say exactly when it will happen yet, but it’s definitely heading in the right direction.

Yes, it also has Sativa components in the cross that overpower the Indica side. Unfortunately, I can’t say exactly what the proportions are. I’ve only tested the lowest (weakest) flowers so far. I always start smoking from the bottom because you get used to it, and I find it good when it gets stronger over time, that way the tolerance stays low.

I think I’ll germinate another one of my own strains in the fall; I still have a few of my own up my sleeve. And they all want to show what they can do :joy:.

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#102

I would definitely be in with your strain. Although I’m not a Sativa fan, with that terpene profile, I’m hyped for the aroma.

The appearance of the strain is also just beautiful.

Responder ↗

Responder