Today I finally removed the brown leaves and accidentally tore off a small flower in the process. It’s now by the window for testing. Here are some pictures
Eigener Strain "Fat Gorilla"
98 respuestas · 984 visitas
beautiful photo’s. i cant wait till i hit flowering lol just got a Samsung s26 today and camera is amazing
I’m already looking forward to the pictures of your current grow
Today, flowering Day 70, the harvest window is open, only the lower buds still need a few days
The top already looks good, I saw some trichomes with the magnifier that were almost black, I’ve never had that before either. With the old plank floor here, I unfortunately can’t get good pictures with the microscope. Even with the stand I got, it’s enough if you breathe and everything gets blurry
Those buds look great, full of trichome spaghetti hahaha, what does that strain taste like when smoked?
@3xt3nd3d I will only find that out after curing; the small bud I accidentally broke off was unfortunately not properly dry when I tested it. It was more of a grassy taste, quite mild but reminded me of industrial hemp, if you know what I mean. Over 20 years ago, I once discovered a field and took some with me to test. In terms of taste, it went in that direction; in terms of effect, it was already quite good, I’m curious to see what the final result looks like. Scent-wise, it’s heading towards lemon, sweet, slightly fruity with a somewhat skunky undertone. I hope I can harvest soon to finally try it.
Here are the last pictures before harvest
now it’s hanging upside down, front right I think in 10 days it goes into the Terp Lock bags for curingToday was trimmed, unfortunately a bit too late. Due to the warm days, it dried out completely in a very short time. Two days ago, the shoots were like rubber, and today they broke right off when bending. Nevertheless, it’s 36.5 grams that I can crumble between my fingers.
Now, first smoke the scissor hash, finally I can test itThat’s really awesome, sounds super interesting and delicious. I’ll definitely check out your Growlog on that ![]()
Regards
Woahhhh, awesome ![]()
Respect @herr_gruen
Thanks, the curing will be done in a few days, then it will be tested. Smoke report to follow ![]()
Nice! How long do you cure for?
I’m looking forward to your tasting ![]()
It varies, from the last harvest I still have two unopened Terp Lock bags. They have been untouched in storage for 8 months now. The bags from this harvest were then left to cure for two weeks. Normally, however, I let them cure for 4 weeks before I get to them. But since this time it’s a self-crossed strain and I’ve already waited about a year for it before cultivation, I CANNOT AND WILL NOT wait any longer to try it
. I already tested the finger hash while trimming, and it blew me away. I haven’t been that stoned in a long time, but as for the taste, I’ll only know exactly how it turned out once I try the buds.
Here’s the smoke report.
Taste: Vanilla, Chocolate, Cake, Earthy
Effect: Relaxing, Serene, Calming
Very mild smoke, very delicious in taste, and it doesn’t make you tired.
Damn that sounds amazing! What are you gonna cross next??
I’m still not sure, I’ve been planning for a while now to cross my Gorilla Sherbet with my Bubblegum Sherbet. It probably won’t be long until I create the next breed in the lab. Without plants in the tent, something feels missing somehow ![]()
![]()
Hey Mr. Green ![]()
Wow, 8 months of curing work is amazing. That definitely has ultra Premium status then. I believe from 3 months it already has Premium quality!
He CANNOT AND WILL NOT wait any longer ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I can totally understand that, patience is the top priority for us growers, but with my own strain, “patience” would also be very difficult for me ![]()
![]()
I also cure for at least 14 days. Usually, I test the first one then. As a rule, I wait at least 1 month before I start using it. When I had some in the curing jar for almost 3 months and then smoked it again, I was amazed that even though I knew the ‘vegetable’, it got better and better with longer curing.
GG Good Grow
Regards
Congratulations on the completion
Cool taste report
sounds incredibly delicious.
When will you make them available to interested parties
? Is there a plan?
And a question. Since it apparently doesn’t make you tired, is it more Sativa-dominant?
Regards
The plan exists, and to be honest, it’s already in the works. I can’t say exactly when it will happen yet, but it’s definitely heading in the right direction.
Yes, it also has Sativa components in the cross that overpower the Indica side. Unfortunately, I can’t say exactly what the proportions are. I’ve only tested the lowest (weakest) flowers so far. I always start smoking from the bottom because you get used to it, and I find it good when it gets stronger over time, that way the tolerance stays low.
I think I’ll germinate another one of my own strains in the fall; I still have a few of my own up my sleeve. And they all want to show what they can do
.
I would definitely be in with your strain. Although I’m not a Sativa fan, with that terpene profile, I’m hyped for the aroma.
The appearance of the strain is also just beautiful.



















