I can think of some advantages.
- By lollipoping a bushed plant you are allowing for more light to flowering sites.
- By lollipoping a bushed plant you are encouraging the plant to focus its energy to the tops.
- A plant that is not topped such as the ones I am growing now will have more budding sites, therefore, better light penetration is achieved by thinning.
- Despite thinning at day 21, the plant will replace some of that foliage regardless.
The first two weeks of flowering is a transition period. By week three the plant is now focused on flowers and not on vegetation. So, I guess this is a good time to remove the larger fan leaves so the nutrients can be sent to the flowering sites instead of being wasted on vegetation that is not necessary. However, I am now contemplating a somewhat different theory based on House & Gardens claim that their product BudXL forces the plant to transport existing sugars from leaves into the flowers. Therefore, I am theorizing that perhaps it might be good to leave more of those leaves on, since there is a great deal of sugar in those fan leaves. That is IF BudXL actually does what it claims.
You have seen my plants and the light penetration I’m getting there. On one plant some of the lower flowers are bending the branches down and twisting. I’ve had to tie them up. They’re getting big
















































