If at first you don't succeed

84 respuestas · 1109 visitas

cannabliss

#50

Next two in the roster:

Unknown gender GDP that has been idling in the closet under a 10w LED lamp:

And the GDP clone that was left in the fridge for 2 weeks prior to transplant:

She still droops when I removed the inner dome though it did take a couple of hours to do so. I suppose by next week she would have rooted. This one I plan on using my 15G pot using the same soil from the HID grow. The worms have pretty much taken care of any roots.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#51

Still chugging along:

GDP:

Cola that is by far edge of light:

I would have thought it would be smaller than the main seeing as how it was further away.

PP:

Still not impressed with growth characteristics. I am hoping the seeds I made with the shorter Afghani’s pollen will tame it down.

Seeded buds:

GDP:

All in all, I am happy with the progress even though my lights are underpowered. That should change soon. Temps and RH have remained unchanged. Watered today with tea of alfalfa, hi-P guano, compost and molasses.

Cheers.

Responder ↗
Rickyred

#52

I would cover the two soldering points with a drop of silicone on each or at the very least electricians tape to prevent a couple rough drops from causing a short.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#55

I was wondering what you were talking about until I remembered that flood lamp. Yeah, I should insulate it to prevent shorting them out and have been meaning to lay some layers of fingernail polish on them. It’s one of those things that are temporary until they morph into permanency, hah hah.

But yes you are 100% correct. Thanks.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#56

GDP has started to show her true colors this past week:

At lights on, temps hover between 70-73 with RH steady at around ~50%. Lights off however sees the RH drop to 29% with temps dropping to 66. Still have to fiddle with the environment as the setup is dependent on outside air.

The Punch Pie is also showing purpling albeit not as obvious as the GDP.

More evident on seeded bud:

Not too bad for 150w out the wall don’t you think? Please ignore the pic captions. I keep forgetting to change the settings on the phone cam.

Cheers.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#57

Well, it seems like they are not going to get any bigger:

I had to chop the PP down in the start of week 6. It hermied on me which was something I had been expecting since it was bag seed. So now I just have these itty-bitty buds to allow to mature.

Main cola:

Some side branches:

I’ve managed to keep temps stable at ~70 during lights on with RH at ~40%. Lights off temps does go down to the mid 60s with RH at ~25%. Not ideal but I had to remove the small humidifier in my tent due to the white dust it emitted coating everything inside. My tap water is too calcified and I would need an RO system to run that properly. I could only imagine how that coating affected the plant as a whole. Sigh…another expense.

Cheers and happy growing.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#58

Starting week 7 and chugging along. No signs of nanners so far so I think I caught it in time.

Main cola:

The other main. Funny how this side shoot grew as tall as the main:

Side colas:

You may notice some seeds here and there but those are from some dusted Afghani pollen. That should make for an interesting grow. In the meantime, I’ve got this GDP sitting in the back burner:

And the first GDP’s clone by her side:

She recovered quite well. Nothing beats good old sol for lighting. These plants are the second to go through this soil with only a top dress of neem/karanja meal, hi P guano and blood meal plus a good heaping tablespoon of worms to get started on the old roots.

That’s all for now. Cheers.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#60

So the countdown begins. Week 8 and still chugging along, yellow leaves and all. I may have to make slight changes in my soil mix to accomodate. It’s funny though that of the 4 pots wit the same soil mix, this is the only plant to exhibit premature yellowing.

To my eyes, the buds look like they are starting to swell up. I have been adding K supplement (FFE) to the waterings this past week so I don’t know.

Cheers.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#61

Wet trimmed and drying in fridge:

Overall I am happy with the outcome though I’ve seen bigger buds from my HID. But I expected that coming in. They are sticky and stinky though.

Soil performance was not up to par either considering I had to do some mild corrections in the process; some Mg deficiency in the beginning, topdress and teas for added N and P plus I waited too long in feeding the K supplememt. I think I should have started it once stretching finished. Oh well, it’s an ongoing learning process.

Cheers.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#62

The main reason I wanted this plant to succeed.

GDP x Afghani:

I’ve found these in the smaller buds but have yet to locate the main bud I pollinated. Should have tagged the branch. Smoke-wise, it’s pretty smooth considering the popcorns were quick dried over the heat register. And I don’t know if it’s inherent with this strain but it makes me wants to just veg around. Or I could have waited too long to harvest. Good taste though. Anyway can’t wait to try these out.

Cheers.

Responder ↗
Kuma649

#63

@canagen your into the organic soil have you ever tried this just wondering i no you make your own organic soil. I bought a bag of this to give it a try on a couple plants see how it works

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#64

That looks very interesting. I have most of their components in my mix with the exception of the rock dusts and other minerals. It’s something I would try out. Any idea what pot size you plan on using this? It seems like a good base for living organics.

I’ve read opinions about container growing in living organic soil and the general consensus is pot size should not be less than 15G for the microbes to work their magic. I am currently trying 7G and felt I had to top dress after 1 run and may need to do so again during flower. Whereas before, I used 15Gs and was able to grow 4 with a top dress after the second plant.

But if you plan on using bottled nutrients, then it will not make a difference. Cheers.

Responder ↗
Kuma649

#65

Not sure what we are doing thought i would give this a try on a couple plants since its made in canada looks like good soil.I got a week or so to go before i transplant i only have 5 gallon pots just getting some ideas on what i am going to do next

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#66

Size seems right for 2x5Gs. I bet you could flower using worm casting/kelp meal tea feeds (with occasional molasses) and maybe a 1/4c top dress of both on flip. Price is also inline with other premium branded soils I see.

Responder ↗
cannabliss

#67

@big_T ,

I didn’t want to derail haggar152’s thread but wanted to show you what the TS1000 has done in my 3x3 tent:

Strain is GDP from seed. And now I have these under the TSW2000 ending week 2:

I flipped the clone early as I wanted to end this run and start some GDPxAfghani, White Widow and Blueberry OG, which just arrived. Can’t wait!

Responder ↗

Responder