Question about starting the flowering count: Light change (12/12) or appearance of pistils?
Hey folks! A question to see how you all handle this. I had been counting flowering from the exact day I switched the photoperiod to 12/12, but I noticed a gap where the plant takes time to start the actual biological process.
Here’s a reference photo of how the shoots look (this is from August 25th, where the first formed pistils were already visible, although the biological process started a couple of days earlier, calculating around the 23rd).
What date do you take as “Day 1” to follow schedule charts and calculate timing? Do you count from the 12/12 switch or from when the plant shows the first hairs as in the photo? Let me know your thoughts!
- I count from the light change (12/12)
- I count from when I see the first pistils (actual flowering)




















































